Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    KpbS is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by SASM View Post
    Thank you! Will look into these! Hopefully they expand enough!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Also Hoka tennis shoes are designed for folks with complicated feet. Check those out!
    K

basil is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Kindra178 View Post
    You may need your nail removed by a podiatrist. Something similar happened to my son and it was a big deal to the er docs. The ortho wanted to operate (!!!).

Can you get seen? That injury could cause the nail to get subsumed under your skin.

For shoes, have you heard of Altra? I wear paradign (and I alternate with hoka as everyone knows here). Altras have a foot shape top, so they are pretty wide.

Adidas superstars are also wide.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    I don't have any advice on the toenail, but when my feet are acting up (which happens more frequently now that I'm older!), I alternate Altras and Hokas. I'm now kind of sharing them between work and treadmill which is not ideal, so I may buy another pair of Altras just for work. Somehow my old standby Danskos are just not viable anymore.

I also find Superstars very comfortable but I wouldn't do those with a busted toenail because of the hard clamshell toe.
    DS- 8/11
    DD- 5/14

erosenst is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Well timed thread. I have lymphedema (swelling) in one leg and foot. I just walked 13k steps Saturday in new-ish shoes with no foot pain and no problems as my leg expanded - and as an added bonus the shoe worked like a good compression sock so the swelling didn't extend to my foot/toes which becomes really uncomfortable. They are *not* all that cute but also not offensive and did I mention how comfortable? I came home and ordered in another color. Ryka Echo Good luck!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3