Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Globetrotter is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Update in OP
    "Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, "What? You, too? I thought I was the only one." C.S. Lewis

Liziz is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I am thrilled that you've found something that works for you right now, and even more thrilled that you're feeling better! I struggled with (what for awhile I didn't realize was) anxiety several years ago. Despite my doctor suggesting medication, I fought against it and struggled through for too long -- then I did start medication and it helped me so much. People in this group being open about what they'd gone through/take/etc. was definitely key in me finally deciding to try something, so I hear what you say about this group being life changing! Thanks for sharing your update.
    Lizi

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Nice update! What brand do you take? My best friend has anxiety and is resistant to meds but would probably be open to trying this. She's a teacher and her anxiety has been through the roof during the pandemic.
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

I just bought whatever i could find on Amazon, this one, Kal 100 Mg L-theanine, 30 Count https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00028NGJC...BW6QCH9NV5R3Y8
    but it’s 100 mg so I have to cut it and it’s hard to cut evenly. I figure it doesn’t matter too much if it’s even.
    I was actually going to ask if anyone has seen 50 mg tablets, or even 25 mg. I found some 25 mg but they are artificially sweetened chewables so I don’t want to use them at night and break my IF fast
    "Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, "What? You, too? I thought I was the only one." C.S. Lewis

I am so glad that you found something that is working for you!
    SAHM to Pete and Repeat my "Irish Twins" - DD 12/06 and DS 11/07

Never argue with an idiot. He'll bring you down to his level, then beat you with experience.

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

That’s fantastic news! You must feel so relieved to have found something! I had never heard of this and have a friend who has been on antidepressants for years. She has had varying stages of success with and without them. I’m going to print this out and recommend these to her.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by DietCokeLover View Post
    I am so glad that you found something that is working for you!
    Thank you so much for giving me this idea!

It’s a shame that so many of us are resistant to mental health meds. I have seen the difference that it can make, yet even I had some resistance. However, I have successfully used therapy before.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2