Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Seasonal Items

liz is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Seasonal Items

Silly me. I got the bug to buy some cute autumn decorations to spruce up my yard. I never really decorate, space is tight, when the kids were little it was just too much hassle/I was too tired to bother etc.

Today I thought that some autumn/Thanksgiving decorations would be fun to buy. Yeah, after going to five different stores, a sales associate told me to begin looking in JULY. Because it's all sold out. Everywhere. And it's September. I'm thinking fall is still Oct/Nov, no? Forget it. Back to my crotchety, lazy, no decorating ways. hmph.

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Huh. There’s stuff everywhere here!
    Places to try:
    Target
    Jo Ann Fabrics
    At Home
    Dollar stores
    Home Depot/Lowe’s
    Garden nurseries
    Grocery store
    Michael’s

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

liz is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I tried At Home, Big Lots, Home Depot, Lowe's, Michaels, BJ's. Only indoor stuff or specifically Halloween. Maybe it's just near my area that things are sold out? But I appreciate the suggestions

ETA, my local Target and Walmart (neither are a "super") barely carries any seasonal stuff anymore, so I didn't bother. Oof, I'm really crotchety today lol.
    Last edited by liz; 09-30-2021 at 05:33 PM.

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    I tried At Home, Big Lots, Home Depot, Lowe's, Michaels, BJ's. Only indoor stuff or specifically Halloween. Maybe it's just near my area that things are sold out? But I appreciate the suggestions
    that stinks. I found some stuff earlier on Amazon today. Grandin Rd and Frontgate have stuff too… but it’s

Sorry- I had forgotten to check if this was BP. Good luck though!!

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I get it when you decide to do something and can't find what you want! Grab a few pumpkins, mums and a stalk of corn and you're good!

Hardware stores are a hidden gem for some stuff too.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Ugh, yes, it is awful. I'm sure there were plenty of Christmas decorations available.

Actually, I bought exterior Christmas lights at Lowe's yesterday. I saw I had it as a calendar reminder for Monday (10/4) to go look for lights. Our neighborhood has trees along the streets and asks everyone to do red canopies and green wrapping on the trunk. I have no problem finding LED red lights, but the green are harder. Lowe's was the best bet, but same thing, by November 10th they were sold out last year for green.

KpbS is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Our Dollar Tree had a ton of items the other day when I went for party favors. Local grocery stores? Yes to checking local plant nurseries/garden centers.
    K

bisous is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by mom2binsd View Post
    I get it when you decide to do something and can't find what you want! Grab a few pumpkins, mums and a stalk of corn and you're good!

I was going to say hardware stores have stuff!

OP, I get this in so many ways. I understand the joy that finally feeling on top of it enough to seasonally decorate feels, and I understand the disappoint in not being able to find things when they are seasonally appropriate! For me my issue is always with clothing here in Southern California. Shorts can be worn through like November or sometimes beyond but stores stop selling them in July-ish?? to make room for "Fall Clothes". Newsflash--Fall can be our hottest season here!

Anyway, I hope you find your stuff! I feel like shopping is such a game. I know that's probably fun for some people but I don't really want to play. When I finally make up my mind to go and get something it would be awfully nice if it was available!

bisous is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by mom2binsd View Post

I was going to say hardware stores have stuff!

OP, I get this in so many ways. I understand the joy that finally feeling on top of it enough to seasonally decorate feels, and I understand the disappoint in not being able to find things when they are seasonally appropriate! For me my issue is always with clothing here in Southern California. Shorts can be worn through like November or sometimes beyond but stores stop selling them in July-ish?? to make room for "Fall Clothes". Newsflash--Fall can be our hottest season here!

Anyway, I hope you find your stuff! I feel like shopping is such a game. I know that's probably fun for some people but I don't really want to play. When I finally make up my mind to go and get something it would be awfully nice if it was available!

OP, I completely hear you on this. Last year, I went to At Home the first week of October to look for some fun Halloween yard signs. I managed to find three pitiful, leftover skeleton yard stakes (I picked the least-scratched one) and mere scraps for fall. I couldn't believe it. But Christmas was in full swing. I actually picked up a Christmas door hanging while I was there to not be in the same boat in November.

This year, I went at the end of August and picked up a pretty glass pumpkin and a fall doormat. When I went in mid September, half the fall stuff had sold through and almost all of the doormats were gone.

I know not everyone shops at Hobby Lobby, but they had a TON of stuff just a couple of weeks ago.

And I can't speak for Walmart, but Target really has been phoning it in for Halloween/fall for three or four years now. It's the same stuff every year and not near the options they used to have. Personally, I think At Home has really stepped up their collections and does a better job.
    DS: Raising heck since 12/09

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast