Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Seasonal Items

Quote Originally Posted by bisous View Post
    This thread made me start looking at Christmas items--which feels positively distasteful this early in the season! But if I wait until it is actually an acceptable time to get Christmas decorations I'm sure it will be too late! I keep seeing all these dire headlines about worldwide shipping issues. This post actually serves as a pretty good wakeup call! (I'm just looking for a new door wreath if anyone has any leads. I used to love getting a real boxwood wreath from TJs but they haven't been there since 2018 so I'm not going to chance it!)
    I've ordered my last few door wreaths from Etsy. Preserved, dried, etc and not fresh but I've been very happy and the sellers have been lovely.

I ran into Lowes this morning to pick up a few things I needed. The Christmas section is fully stocked but I felt the same. Just too early for me to get into the fun of Christmas decorating when I'm still working on my fall decorations.
    Mom to Two Wild and Crazy Boys and One Sweet Baby Girl

marinkitty is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

This is the kick in the pants I need to get out some fall decor. I don't buy anything annually except pumpkins/gourds for my front steps and flowers for my window boxes anymore - I have two wreaths, some decorations and some dried botanicals that I can put around year after year and that has made this whole thing so much less stressful for me. But here it is October 5 and I don't have any of it out yet!

bisous is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by marinkitty View Post
    This is the kick in the pants I need to get out some fall decor. I don't buy anything annually except pumpkins/gourds for my front steps and flowers for my window boxes anymore - I have two wreaths, some decorations and some dried botanicals that I can put around year after year and that has made this whole thing so much less stressful for me. But here it is October 5 and I don't have any of it out yet!
    That sounds like my decorating! I'm never on time for these things but THIS year, on the heels of a super frustrating and neverending summer, I was tempted to put up "Fall" on like September 1! (Its like 80 degrees here, lol) I just wanted so badly to feel different than I did this summer! I also just have one bin of stuff that goes up for a Fall. It contains a pillow, a wreath, a table runner, a box of Halloween kids books, a couple of small reusable pumpkins and one little sign I tole painted years ago. When I'm out I might get a bunch of little pumpkins and maybe one big one to carve the day before Halloween!

Quote Originally Posted by marinkitty View Post
    That sounds like my decorating! I'm never on time for these things but THIS year, on the heels of a super frustrating and neverending summer, I was tempted to put up "Fall" on like September 1! (Its like 80 degrees here, lol) I just wanted so badly to feel different than I did this summer! I also just have one bin of stuff that goes up for a Fall. It contains a pillow, a wreath, a table runner, a box of Halloween kids books, a couple of small reusable pumpkins and one little sign I tole painted years ago. When I'm out I might get a bunch of little pumpkins and maybe one big one to carve the day before Halloween!

Quote Originally Posted by carolinamama View Post
    I've ordered my last few door wreaths from Etsy. Preserved, dried, etc and not fresh but I've been very happy and the sellers have been lovely.

I ran into Lowes this morning to pick up a few things I needed. The Christmas section is fully stocked but I felt the same. Just too early for me to get into the fun of Christmas decorating when I'm still working on my fall decorations.
    Thanks for the ideas! I think getting a wreath to reuse sounds like the best idea and honestly it is what I do for all the other seasons.

jgenie is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Please share the Etsy shops you’ve purchased from if you were happy with the work.

jgenie is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Please share the Etsy shops you’ve purchased from if you were happy with the work.

Quote Originally Posted by jgenie View Post
    Just saw this. I bought everyday wreaths from this shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/RusticDoor...f=yr_purchases

And Christmas wreaths from here: https://www.etsy.com/shop/Westsidech...f=yr_purchases

We have double doors so I always need wreaths to match exactly or mirror each other so Etsy sellers make that easier.

Quote Originally Posted by jgenie View Post
    Just saw this. I bought everyday wreaths from this shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/RusticDoor...f=yr_purchases

And Christmas wreaths from here: https://www.etsy.com/shop/Westsidech...f=yr_purchases

We have double doors so I always need wreaths to match exactly or mirror each other so Etsy sellers make that easier.

I thought about this thread when I went to At Home yesterday. I just had some time to kill and really didn't need anything, and yet... The Christmas section is about 90% out. The only things that appeared to not be fully stocked yet were tree skirts, stockings and some outdoor decor items. I imagine those will go where the small selection of remaining fall/Halloween items are. What I really want are one of those tall, vertical signs that are trendy right now. I know they will have them, but they aren't out now.

I grabbed a couple of holiday decorative pillows, a tabletop Santa (LOVE how many Black Santas are now available) and a set of jingle bells to hang on the mailbox posts. I also bought two of these tabletop trees. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with with them, but they are nice and heavy and were only $5.

One thing I've noticed is so many more people seem to be decorating in early November now. I'm definitely a Thanksgiving weekend girl, but again, you really can't wait anymore. I only had a few things yesterday, but there were folks with full carts of nothing but holiday items.
    DS: Raising heck since 12/09

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3