Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 55
  1. #11
    jgenie is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    11,855

    Default

    Yeah!! I’m glad there’s a group!

    10/1 - 2 mile run
    10/2 - 45 minute family walk
    10/3 - 2 hour family hike
    10/4 - 2 mile run

    I really want to add daily yoga but haven’t been able to squeeze it in yet.
    for Carmen

  2. #12
    lizzywednesday is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Central NJ
    Posts
    13,202

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jgenie View Post
    ...
    I really want to add daily yoga but haven’t been able to squeeze it in yet.
    It's not the same as full-body-with-a-mat practice, but there are some great chair yoga videos that may fit into a busy work-day with a tiny bit of tweaking.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

    "Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

  3. #13
    bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    .
    Posts
    13,539

    Default

    I thought this might be a good place to vent...

    First, I skipped my usual Friday workout because of huge deadlines at work. Did my full body build on Saturday instead of taking a rest day. Took a rest day Sunday.

    Now the vent...Normally I do a lower body workout on Monday morning but again I had huge deadlines so I actually had DH do the morning scramble while I not only didn't work out but I didn't drop anyone off for school either. I worked like crazy up to the time when I had to pick kids up from school. It was also DS1's 18th birthday so after school I got everything ready. We did the afternoon routine of homework and instrument practicing etc. I kept thinking I could steal 30 minutes for a workout but it never stopped! Maybe after dinner? Then instead of dinner we were going to be going to Subway (his choice) as a family (we'd get it and eat it at a park) when a thunderstorm started. These are INCREDIBLY rare here. I think maybe my oldest kids remember maybe one or two before? Then we lost all of our power. We thought we probably shouldn't go out into the storm and heard the restaurants were crazy busy.

    Since I hadn't prepared dinner, all we had to eat were the rice crispy treats (his choice instead of a cake) so we ate the whole pan. We got the small generator up and going by plugging in the fridge and microwave and put together some leftovers and fresh foods since we all felt pretty sick after all that sugar. I thought I was so smart charging my phone and wireless earbuds on the one leftover plug so I could still do my workout! But then we realized nothing was going through in our texts and internet was super spotty. Everyone in the area must have been on cellular. Got kids to bed using lanterns and candles. Got ready to workout and just couldn't get any of the workouts to load. So...no workout yesterday, lol. But I sure tried!

    I'm going to try to do at least lower body today. I feel better when I workout.

  4. #14
    jgenie is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    11,855

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bisous View Post
    I thought this might be a good place to vent...

    First, I skipped my usual Friday workout because of huge deadlines at work. Did my full body build on Saturday instead of taking a rest day. Took a rest day Sunday.

    Now the vent...Normally I do a lower body workout on Monday morning but again I had huge deadlines so I actually had DH do the morning scramble while I not only didn't work out but I didn't drop anyone off for school either. I worked like crazy up to the time when I had to pick kids up from school. It was also DS1's 18th birthday so after school I got everything ready. We did the afternoon routine of homework and instrument practicing etc. I kept thinking I could steal 30 minutes for a workout but it never stopped! Maybe after dinner? Then instead of dinner we were going to be going to Subway (his choice) as a family (we'd get it and eat it at a park) when a thunderstorm started. These are INCREDIBLY rare here. I think maybe my oldest kids remember maybe one or two before? Then we lost all of our power. We thought we probably shouldn't go out into the storm and heard the restaurants were crazy busy.

    Since I hadn't prepared dinner, all we had to eat were the rice crispy treats (his choice instead of a cake) so we ate the whole pan. We got the small generator up and going by plugging in the fridge and microwave and put together some leftovers and fresh foods since we all felt pretty sick after all that sugar. I thought I was so smart charging my phone and wireless earbuds on the one leftover plug so I could still do my workout! But then we realized nothing was going through in our texts and internet was super spotty. Everyone in the area must have been on cellular. Got kids to bed using lanterns and candles. Got ready to workout and just couldn't get any of the workouts to load. So...no workout yesterday, lol. But I sure tried!

    I'm going to try to do at least lower body today. I feel better when I workout.
    Oh no! You weren’t meant to workout yesterday! Glad you got one in today.
    for Carmen

  5. #15
    jgenie is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    11,855

    Default

    10/5 - 2.5 mile walk with a friend today.
    Last edited by jgenie; 10-09-2021 at 06:01 PM.
    for Carmen

  6. #16
    jgenie is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    11,855

    Default

    10/6 - 2 mile run yesterday
    10/7 - 2 mile walk and 30 min HIIT workout today
    Last edited by jgenie; 10-09-2021 at 06:00 PM.
    for Carmen

  7. #17
    bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    .
    Posts
    13,539

    Default

    Did get in a 20 minute walk on Tuesday. I had 20 minutes so I set a timer for ten and walked one direction and when it went off I turned around and went home. I'm going to do that more often. A lot of times I think I "don't have time to walk" but you gotta just do what you can I guess! I also did my lower body weights class at around 8pm. Does anyone else find lifting relaxing? I am a super morning person. Would not have thought that I would like exercising so late in the evening!

    Yesterday I did a 20 minute upper body and core class.

  8. #18
    AnnieW625's Avatar
    AnnieW625 is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    33,356

    Default

    Yesterday: did a 1.50 mile walk (we live in the foothills so sometimes it feels like a 3 mile flat land walk!)


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 15
    DD L, 11
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

  9. #19
    essnce629's Avatar
    essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA, U.S.A.
    Posts
    10,728

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bisous View Post
    Did get in a 20 minute walk on Tuesday. I had 20 minutes so I set a timer for ten and walked one direction and when it went off I turned around and went home. I'm going to do that more often. A lot of times I think I "don't have time to walk" but you gotta just do what you can I guess!
    I'm a huge homebody and hate exercising, but told DH I'd start once I turned 40 (3 months ago). I don't like sweating or having to "do anything special" when it comes to exercising, so said I'd just start by getting 12k steps a day (I normally get close to 10k just walking around my house). Every day after dropping DS2 off at school, I drive by a large park that is walking distance to our house. I decided to just stop on the way home and walk 1 lap around the perimeter (there's a walking path). It takes exactly 25 minutes to walk one lap and is about 3000 steps. DH (who is training for the LA marathon) says it's 1.2 miles according to his Garmin watch. I started 2 weeks ago and haven't missed a day yet (school days only). I find it's super easy because I'm already driving by, I don't need to wear any special clothes, I don't get sweaty and need to shower after, and because I'm there by 8:40am every day it's nice and cool. I do my lap and get out! As long as I do my lap I get my 12k steps a day.
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

  10. #20
    bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    .
    Posts
    13,539

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by essnce629 View Post
    I'm a huge homebody and hate exercising, but told DH I'd start once I turned 40 (3 months ago). I don't like sweating or having to "do anything special" when it comes to exercising, so said I'd just start by getting 12k steps a day (I normally get close to 10k just walking around my house). Every day after dropping DS2 off at school, I drive by a large park that is walking distance to our house. I decided to just stop on the way home and walk 1 lap around the perimeter (there's a walking path). It takes exactly 25 minutes to walk one lap and is about 3000 steps. DH (who is training for the LA marathon) says it's 1.2 miles according to his Garmin watch. I started 2 weeks ago and haven't missed a day yet (school days only). I find it's super easy because I'm already driving by, I don't need to wear any special clothes, I don't get sweaty and need to shower after, and because I'm there by 8:40am every day it's nice and cool. I do my lap and get out! As long as I do my lap I get my 12k steps a day.
    Good for you getting in 10K steps every day at home! Do you have a fitness watch? I don't... and my phone certainly doesn't seem to show that I'm moving that much but i'm wondering if that's because I often put my phone down/the phone isn't great at recognizing my activity? Would love to know how you calculate your steps! Adding in that lap sound genius!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •