Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Default Apple Watch SE - good or annoying?

It came out around when I bought my (now broken) Series 5, and the one thing that tipped me was the Always On feature... for those who have the SE, is it annoying for it not to be always on? I'm likely going to wait it out until the Black Friday deals come up, but just wanted to know from someone who has it. Costco has the SE on sale this week.

I have a SE. I have never been bothered that it isn’t always on
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

Philly Mom is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I have an old watch. I like that it is not always on. It turns on if I look at it for the most part.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

3isEnough is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I have a series 3 and it’s 95% fine that it’s not always on. On a rare occasion I’ll turn my wrist to look at it and it won’t turn on right away, which means I just need to rotate my wrist again and it will come on.

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by 3isEnough View Post
    I have a series 3 and it’s 95% fine that it’s not always on. On a rare occasion I’ll turn my wrist to look at it and it won’t turn on right away, which means I just need to rotate my wrist again and it will come on.
    I have a 3 series as well and I'm very rarely bothered by the screen being dark until I turn my wrist. In fact, I think I'd be more bothered by a screen being on all the time.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

khm is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by WatchingThemGrow View Post
    It came out around when I bought my (now broken) Series 5, and the one thing that tipped me was the Always On feature... for those who have the SE, is it annoying for it not to be always on? I'm likely going to wait it out until the Black Friday deals come up, but just wanted to know from someone who has it. Costco has the SE on sale this week.
    I have a 4 and not having Always On has never bothered me, I honestly didn't know that was a thing until I noticed a friend's was Always On and realized that was an option I didn't have.

It is very good at turning on when I want it to. I have occasionally bonked it with my nose if I'm in a position where I can't get it to wake easily by flipping my wrist (ie, laying on the couch, etc.)

I use a really bright Nike watch face and would have to pick a calmer one if it were Always On.

I don't know what else the SE might be missing vs the other versions, but Always On wouldn't tip me away at all.

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I had a 3 and now have a 6 and have liked both just fine. While I do like the always on, it wouldn't bother me if I didn't have it. The wrist flick to active screen never was a problem.
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

legaleagle is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I have an SE and love it. I don't miss the always on, and I actually think it might be too distracting for me. I get a lot of push notifications that I want to look at immediately and it always turns on if I turn my wrist.

basil is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I had a series 2 (?) and now have a 6. I didn't miss the always on when I had the 2..but then I got the 6 and I have it and I wouldn't want to go back. I can see it at an oblique angle which is sometimes nice for reading the time. YMMV.
    DS- 8/11
    DD- 5/14

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by basil View Post
    I had a series 2 (?) and now have a 6. I didn't miss the always on when I had the 2..but then I got the 6 and I have it and I wouldn't want to go back. I can see it at an oblique angle which is sometimes nice for reading the time. YMMV.
    That’s what I’m afraid of! I had a early one from a friend and it bothered me that I had to move my arm (lazy here!) so I got the 5, which I had for 16 mos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast