Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    khm is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by WatchingThemGrow View Post
    That’s what I’m afraid of! I had a early one from a friend and it bothered me that I had to move my arm (lazy here!) so I got the 5, which I had for 16 mos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Well, if you already know it bothered you in the past to not have Always On, and you've gotten used to one with it, then you absolutely should skip the SE and get a version with it.

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by khm View Post
    Well, if you already know it bothered you in the past to not have Always On, and you've gotten used to one with it, then you absolutely should skip the SE and get a version with it.
    Ok…I so wanted to save the $$ but you’re right! Hope to score a Black Friday deal, I guess! Thanks all!

boilermakermom is offline Bargain Alerts forum moderator

Teen DD wants an apple watch for Christmas, and I am torn between the 3 and SE. A few responded with having the Series 3, how much longer will it continue to be supported by Apple? Any major differences between the 3 and SE? The 3 seems to be more economical, but want to make sure it'll be supported for a year or two.

I am considering just purchasing it now, I would love a deal, but don't want to mess with Christmas sales and low inventory.

I have the 6, and the lack of Always On doesn't bother me.

Default Apple Watch SE - good or annoying?

Quote Originally Posted by boilermakermom View Post
    Teen DD wants an apple watch for Christmas, and I am torn between the 3 and SE. A few responded with having the Series 3, how much longer will it continue to be supported by Apple? Any major differences between the 3 and SE? The 3 seems to be more economical, but want to make sure it'll be supported for a year or two.

I am considering just purchasing it now, I would love a deal, but don't want to mess with Christmas sales and low inventory.

Definitely SE. 3 is sooooo old. I went from a 3 to a SE.
    Last edited by georgiegirl; 10-18-2021 at 10:12 AM.
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by boilermakermom View Post

6 should have always on- my 5 did! When I was teaching, being able to glance at the time without gesturing was so helpful. I wouldn’t get a 3.

Philly Mom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by georgiegirl View Post
    Definitely SE. 3 is sooooo old. I went from a 3 to a SE.
    What does an SE have that the 3 doesn't?

khm is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Philly Mom View Post
    What does an SE have that the 3 doesn't?
    It's more a matter of age. The 3 was released in 2017 and that makes it likely to stop accepting updates far sooner than a new SE will.

If you HAVE a 3, great, rock on with it 'til it dies. But to BUY a watch today, I wouldn't pick one that old.
    Last edited by khm; 10-18-2021 at 03:07 PM.

It's more a matter of age. The 3 was released in 2017 and that makes it likely to stop accepting updates far sooner than a new SE will.

If you HAVE a 3, great, rock on with it 'til it dies. But to BUY a watch today, I wouldn't pick one that old.
    Exactly this.
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

boilermakermom is offline Bargain Alerts forum moderator

Thank you! That is basically what I was thinking. Now to try and find a sale...

3isEnough is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I have the 3 and am completely happy with it, however after the last software update the dictation seems laggy and not as responsive as before, so I suspect little things like that will increase over time given the several newer iterations available. If I were buying today I definitely wouldn’t get a 3 since it will likely EOL soon.

Re deals, target will price match themselves anytime between now and 12/31, so you can buy a watch at Target now and if the price drops anytime before 12/31, they’ll refund the difference.

This is all in response to boilermaker’s post (clarifying since I said some of this already upthread).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2