SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default Travel insurance

Planning for the summer but want insurance that covers "cancel for any reason" and whatever necessary Covid support is needed. Do you have a vendor you like? Any tips or suggestions? Thanks!

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

We did travel insurance for our June 2021 Disney trip. It covers any trip interruption. Which we had due to southwest cancelling our return flight home and causing us an extra night hotel, extra airport parking, extra doggie daycare, etc. In filing a claim I learned there’s a daily max reimbursement and a trip max. So I think ours covered up to $300 per day but $500 max for the trip. Which something is better than nothing but didn’t come close to covering our loss. And subtract out what the trip insurance cost us.

So my advice is to find out how much and what is reimbursed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by wendibird22 View Post
    We did travel insurance for our June 2021 Disney trip. It covers any trip interruption. Which we had due to southwest cancelling our return flight home and causing us an extra night hotel, extra airport parking, extra doggie daycare, etc. In filing a claim I learned there’s a daily max reimbursement and a trip max. So I think ours covered up to $300 per day but $500 max for the trip. Which something is better than nothing but didn’t come close to covering our loss. And subtract out what the trip insurance cost us.

So my advice is to find out how much and what is reimbursed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This is really good to know. Thanks for mentioning to look into daily and trip max. We will be needing that for our trip next summer.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

saleenl is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

I've always bought travel insurance (pre-pandemic) through https://www.squaremouth.com/ They provide a good comparison of prices and options. You really need to read through all the maximum payouts, whether they are an automatic set payment or based on expenses, and the amount of delay required to trigger benefits.

I've purchased both Berkshire Hathaway and RoamRight and both paid out claims when we had delays.
    Boober (10/05) and JuJuBe (5/09)

Our travel agent got us RoamRight for our trip during the summer. She liked their covid coverage and airfare coverage the best.