Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I always buy a small package of the fall yearbook photo. To his credit, DS has never taken a bad yearbook photo. He missed his sixth-grade photo a couple of weeks ago because he was on quarantine, but there should be a makeup day in a few weeks. We'll see if his streak continues. I rarely buy the spring photos. They are usually fine, but I just don't need that many photos.

I remember my mom hated my third-grade photo --we didn't have yearbooks, so the fall photo was a waist-up shot with a more decorative background. We went to a department store in my town to have them redone and she gave those out for Christmas. They were a lot better.
    DS: Raising heck since 12/09

Tenasparkl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I always just buy them, send a few to grandparents and the rest sit in a drawer. My husband takes great photos of the kids, so those are the ones I frame or use for holiday cards.

liz is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Yup. Every year I have taken them to either JCPenney or Target (when they had studios). I make out great with coupons and am able to choose the photos I like best at a fraction of the school photo cost. The photos at school are really hit or miss. We just did our yearly photos right before school started.

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Thank you all so much!

School photos were a thing one my family growing up and I like continuing the tradition. We get an 8x10 for the family, and smaller prints for the rest of the family. I don’t ever put them in the Christmas cards that is usually candids from the year and or the professional family photo (but in 18 years we have only done that three times post wedding). I even found those photo frames meant for babies first year (but they don’t say baby’s first year) that I bought a few years ago that I have been meaning to put the school photos in and now that I have wall space I want to get it done soon.

Dd2 did like the idea of going to JCP so maybe we will do that and maybe we will have one done of all of us in studio as well if I don’t have luck finding someone to do them locally. Plus I could always just do a spring photo if that is an option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2