I'm so frustrated and disappointed. Most of you probably have followed my posts about heavy menstrual bleeding and my search for cause and solutions. My attempt at BCP as a treatment was a bust and so I discontinued it a few months back. My last period was AWFUL. I decided to go ahead with trying an IUD again. My appointment was yesterday and I was feeling super excited about my decision, feeling hopeful that a solution was on the horizon, and thrilled at how quickly I was able to get an appointment.

What should have been a 5min procedure ended in a failure. While my cervix appeared open and accessible at one end, it was closed up like a vault in Gringott's Bank at the other. The PA tried using a dilator, or series of them I should say. She said she got the first narrowest one in but not the others. The narrowest one wasn't enough "stretch" to gain the needed access to use the tool to measure my uterus or to implant the IUD. So 15mins of jabbing and ramming around there and a big fat nothing. My option is to schedule another appointment and take misoprostol (vaginally) the night before to help dilate my cervix and try again. So, I scheduled that for next week (first available) with a doc instead of the PA, and picked up the RX. But now I'm questioning the decision and if the universe is sending me a message to not do this.