Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by belovedgandp View Post
    I felt no need to wallpaper my walls with hundreds of poses. DS was a decent sport, but also was not keen on a bunch of outfits. We actually did our whole family at the same time, ended up with 120-ish shots. 60 of them of my senior and the other 60 are whole family, individual of siblings, and siblings together. Did 45 minutes in one outfit and all of the family pictures at a park. DS did change his shirt from button down to college t-shirt. Only DS went to a second location and took pictures in his robotics club gear.

Whole thing took less than 90 minutes.

We had done marching band photos separately earlier this year.
    I love the idea of the entire family doing pics. My thought is if we are happy with this photographer, I'll hire again in the spring to do family photos and hopefully by then DS1 will know which university he will be attending and we can get an updated pic of him in a college t shirt or sweatshirt. It completely caught me off guard that our school HAS to have senior photos by early December, from my friends in other parts of the country, this is unusually early and our district does stupid things like assumes that everyone was born and will die here... so doesn't do a good job of sharing this sort of info. It completely caught me off guard, we've lived here for almost 19 years, but since we didn't go to school at the same district... too bad for us for just not knowing everything on our own! Sarcasm, sarcasm!
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

hbridge is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Around here pictures are due at the end of October for most school so you have tons of time ! Our little private school is January, but most of the photographers are finishing up.

Don't rule out doing them yourselves. My plan had been to try them ourselves and then turn to the professional if that didn't work out. We have done two of DC's three requested sessions (we are breaking it up to keep it fun). The photos are not all great, but we have some good ones. DC REFUSES to smile in pictures. We have two years worth of pictures without ANY smiles. Now, we just joke around the whole time so there are some big smiles and some smaller ones (and some scowls). My favorite from the last session was actually the "mom really" look .

DC declared that having a professional photographer would be uncomfortable and too much pressure. My advice, have fun with it!

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Our school does the yearbook photos. Senior pics with multiple outfits at a destination are totally optional.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2