Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Default I found new Rothy's for $16.99!

Wow! By total dumb luck today while casually shopping at Gabriel Brother's I found a pair of brand new Rothy's (they do not look worn at all, and the sole is brand new) point flats in a brown pattern for $16.99! It was the only pair I saw there in my size. I have never worn Rothy's before, they are ok and totally acceptable for the price I paid, but I'd never pay their retail prices, and at least I get a chance to see what the fuss is about. If you have a Gabriel Brother's and like Rothy's, it's worth a look.
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Are they real? Rothy's are frequently faked. If they're real, you're so lucky!! Post pics including the tag on the inside...I've gotten pretty good at telling if they are real. (And also if they're real I've learned over the years and from the FB group that you have to size up at least 1 full size in Points...they are made small to begin with and shrink over time unfortunately).

I cannot figure out how to post pics! Do I have to post it as a link?
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

I never figure out how to post pics on mobile…I always have to do it on the computer. Or alternatively upload pics to Pinterest and link to there 😊

Quote Originally Posted by twowhat? View Post
    I never figure out how to post pics on mobile…I always have to do it on the computer. Or alternatively upload pics to Pinterest and link to there ��
    IMG_20211018_182516.jpg

OK, let's see if this worked.
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

That’s amazing! I never heard of that store so I guess we don’t have it. I found two pair at the thrift store for $2.40 each and sold them like $70 and $90 so that was awesome! (They weren’t my size or I would have kept them)

Quote Originally Posted by hellokitty View Post
    IMG_20211018_182516.jpg

OK, let's see if this worked.
    The pic worked!! Gosh those look promising so far (truffle python)...can you take the insoles out and send a pic of the label underneath?

I just realized we have a Gabriel Brothers! The sign here just says "Gabe's," so it took me a while to put it together. I'm off tomorrow, so I'm going to check it out. I've been curious about Rothy's, but my feet are the size of the ark. lol
    DS: Raising heck since 12/09

Quote Originally Posted by carolinacool View Post
    I just realized we have a Gabriel Brothers! The sign here just says "Gabe's," so it took me a while to put it together. I'm off tomorrow, so I'm going to check it out. I've been curious about Rothy's, but my feet are the size of the ark. lol
    Rothy's sizing is the pits. If you find one and try it on, it should fit LOOSELY, ESPECIALLY if they are the Points style. Real Rothy's shrink a bit over time with wear and washing so you almost want them to feel too big at first (easily fixed with an insole) so that it doesn't become too small later. So many of us have wasted money on incorrect sizes and by the time they feel too small, you of course can't return them. It's my biggest beef with Rothys, it's too expensive of a shoe for them to not be super upfront about this. For example, I'm a size 8 but in Rothy's points, I need a size 9.5 or 10. Most people need at a MINIMUM one full size up in Points, and more like 1.5-2 sizes up if you have a wider foot.

Quote Originally Posted by twowhat? View Post
    The pic worked!! Gosh those look promising so far (truffle python)...can you take the insoles out and send a pic of the label underneath?
    Sorry, life has been crazy. Here is the photo of under the insoles.IMG_20211027_194748.jpg
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast