WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Default Got a favorite hair dryer DIFFUSER attachment?

Since my slightly curly hair turned gray around the face and can't be pulled back anymore without me looking like a witch, I'm wearing it curly. It turned cold and I need to dry my scalp. Got any recommendations for just the right tool?

trentsmom is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I love the Xtava Black Orchid diffuser. It directs some of the air to the scalp, and it's really large so it can hold a lot of hair in it. I've been using it for several years and like it better than any other diffuser I've tried. There are some issues with it not fitting all sizes of hairdryers, but there are ways to fix it. (I use rubber bands wrapped around the barrel of my dryer so the diffuser can get some grip.)
    DS1 11/03
    DS2 5/09

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default Got a favorite hair dryer DIFFUSER attachment?

I have the basic Conair diffuser and it works fine. I like that it is secure over the dryer.

I used to have this one but it kept getting knocked off my blow dryer (Babyliss) and it ended up cracking along the top part of the attachment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by AnnieW625; 10-19-2021 at 10:40 AM.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Globetrotter is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by trentsmom View Post
    I love the Xtava Black Orchid diffuser. It directs some of the air to the scalp, and it's really large so it can hold a lot of hair in it. I've been using it for several years and like it better than any other diffuser I've tried. There are some issues with it not fitting all sizes of hairdryers, but there are ways to fix it. (I use rubber bands wrapped around the barrel of my dryer so the diffuser can get some grip.)
    I have the Xtava. I don’t have a lot of hair, but I still find this works well for me.
    I started using this crazy contraption when I travel, as it fits on any random hair dryer. Be prepared for laughter from your travel companions😂
    https://www.sallybeauty.com/tools-an...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

I also use that for deep conditioning treatments.
    "Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, "What? You, too? I thought I was the only one." C.S. Lewis

trentsmom is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Globetrotter View Post
    I have the Xtava. I don’t have a lot of hair, but I still find this works well for me.
    I started using this crazy contraption when I travel, as it fits on any random hair dryer. Be prepared for laughter from your travel companions
    https://www.sallybeauty.com/tools-an...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

I also use that for deep conditioning treatments.

I just knew it was going to be one of those! I've considered getting one, but I don't know how it would work for me since I mostly dry my hair upside down for volume. (I have fine, thin hair.)
    DS1 11/03
    DS2 5/09

Globetrotter is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by trentsmom View Post
    I just knew it was going to be one of those! I've considered getting one, but I don't know how it would work for me since I mostly dry my hair upside down for volume. (I have fine, thin hair.)
    Do you mean the softhood? I find it convenient since I can read and do other stuff while I dry my hair, but I have mostly used it for deep conditioning treatments.
    I do use the Xtava while I dry my hair upside down.
    "Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, "What? You, too? I thought I was the only one." C.S. Lewis