Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    liz is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Help me find a work bag

The bag I take to work is falling apart. I am not having luck finding a good replacement, so looking for suggestions here on the BBB!

I need a bag that can hold my wallet, small pouch w/ misc items (tampons, hair ties, lip balm etc), sunglasses case, keys, work badge, pens, small umbrella and three large travel water bottles/coffee mug (17-24oz each). I carry my lunch in a separate bag that goes into the community fridge. Fabric that can withstand some rain/snow would be ideal.

I really love the messenger/crossbody style. It's my preference for most bags/purses. My current bag is an old Keen Messenger style bag that is just too small to fit those items. Current bag measures 12x11x4. It has some structure and one main compartment, with a small separate compartment for phone/pens.

Most messenger bags nowadays have a large padded compartment for laptops, which I will never need. I've bought almost every style of Timbuk2 bags, but most are either way too large/wide/bulky or way too small- I feel like Goldilocks!

I'll take any suggestions at this point, and willing to spend some $$ for a good quality bag. TIA!

Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I have the Athleta collaboration version of this bag:

https://caraasport.com/collections/t...33071631925328

And it would fit all your criteria. A bunch of big open vertical pockets inside that easily fit large water bottles (mine are labeled for things like umbrella, water bottle, clean clothes, etc which makes me smile). The Small comes with a crossbody strap and height/width dimensions very similar to your old bag but deeper at 8 inches depth. Plus, the Clay color (a caramel brown) is GORGEOUS and would work with everything! Check out the product photos to get an idea of what you can fit. There's also a medium size but it doesn't appear that Medium comes with the crossbody strap...Medium is the size I have and it would fit what you listed and more, and has a padded laptop compartment but it's open with no closure so could easily be repurposed for files, folders, a scarf, whatever.
    Last edited by twowhat?; 10-19-2021 at 09:26 AM.

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Duplicate!

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Look at a vintage MZ Wallace Kate bag. I say vintage because MZW discontinued the style a year or so ago.

I have carried Kate for at least a decade. The bedford nylon handles rain and snow like a rock star. I can be carried shoulder or crossbody. The organizational pockets inside and out amazing. It's quite lightweight. I absolutely adore mine and it still looks brand new. My former boss calls it my Mary Poppins bag because it's like a magic satchel that holds everything.
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Baggalini. Not fancy or designer but super functional and the fabric is great. You can find plenty of these at TJ Maxx type places. But, here's some good ones
    https://www.baggallini.com/large-car...-B0865-NS.html

https://www.baggallini.com/austin-to...-B0001-NS.html

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default Help me find a work bag

I love my Kate Spade nylon zippered tote bag. Sadly my style is no longer sold. I think the zippered Sam is probably the closest; if you have an outlet near you check the outlet.

I did buy a Lo and Sons Catalina Small travel bag (now the Catalina Day Tote, but the Catalina series is probably too big for what you need….the small fits under an airline seat, but barely) this past summer (off Poshmark) and it is a great bag, but The Lo and Son’s Edgemont bag looks nice and would fit what you need but I think it is only a backpack/tote. The OG2 bag has a strap but is $100 more.

I honestly think though that a Baggalini bag like SnuggleBuggles posted would probably work and like she said if you have a decent TJ Maxx you can usually find one in stock in the store. Ebags also carries Baggalini.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Quote Originally Posted by twowhat? View Post

And it would fit all your criteria. A bunch of big open vertical pockets inside that easily fit large water bottles (mine are labeled for things like umbrella, water bottle, clean clothes, etc which makes me smile). The Small comes with a crossbody strap and height/width dimensions very similar to your old bag but deeper at 8 inches depth. Plus, the Clay color (a caramel brown) is GORGEOUS and would work with everything! Check out the product photos to get an idea of what you can fit. There's also a medium size but it doesn't appear that Medium comes with the crossbody strap...Medium is the size I have and it would fit what you listed and more, and has a padded laptop compartment but it's open with no closure so could easily be repurposed for files, folders, a scarf, whatever.
    I love these Cara bags!

Quote Originally Posted by twowhat? View Post

I love these Cara bags!

Gracemom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Have you looked at Travelon or Haiku bags? They have some good crossbody options.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast