Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by ged View Post
    What kind of crocs are the kids wearing? I haven't seen that in my area - albeit - i'm not usually looking, lol
    Crocs have mostly fizzled out here but they were just regular old clog style ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

elbenn is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I haven't checked out Urban Outfitters but sounds like a store worth looking at. I'd never heard of Aviator Nation and, oof, it's pricey. Yes, white Air Force Ones are still big here and expensive athletic shoes in general (Air Jordans, Yeezy, Ultra Boost) are big.

elbenn is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by ahisma View Post
    I've got nothing. I just showed these things to my 13 year old who said, "No offense, but its a flop. Other than mullets, which are hit or miss. Did you get these ideas off some mom blog?"
    Lol. So what would she say are the hot trends?

marinkitty is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

DD, who is a college freshman, was just home for a week of fall break and she got new Adidas Superstars and Doc Martens, hit up Lulu for althleisure stuff and some store called Tilly's that I'd never heard of before for some "must have" jeans and tops. Birks, stickers for laptops and water bottles, and the latest makeup and hair trends are also a go to for her friend set. She also got a hot pink streak in her hair in addition to her normal balayage.

DS1 is a long-haired hockey player who lives in hoodies, team warm-ups and either shorts or sweats and sneakers. He doesn't even own a pair of jeans. Or a proper winter coat beyond his Patagonia down sweater. He's plugged into airpods and into gaming. Not sure he'd know a trend if it hit him in the face!

DS2 is more into trends. He says the Supreme thing is over here, though. He lives in hoodies and skinny sweats with huge clunky basketball shoes. He typically has some sort of trendy soccer player haircut that seems to change up about every 6 months. He just asked for over the ear Beats headphones, new hoodies, a new basketball and a succulent plant for his birthday. Kind of all over the map!

nfceagles is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by ahisma View Post
    I've got nothing. I just showed these things to my 13 year old who said, "No offense, but its a flop. Other than mullets, which are hit or miss. Did you get these ideas off some mom blog?"
    LOL. I’m so proud to be the one who said mullets which at least gets a half vote.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    Crocs have mostly fizzled out here but they were just regular old clog style ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    Crocs are still super in here, especially among the girl soccer players. They were them to/from practice and games with their soccer socks and shin guards on. I was just in DSW yesterday and the Crocs section is an entire aisle, Dicks is the same way...a wall of Crocs. I see mostly patterned ones instead of solid colors right now in the stores.
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

Kestrel is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

There's this weird trend here since the weather turned colder.... little bitty sweaters. We're talking cropped, belly-showing, tank or spaghetti straps - but made of cable-knit or other heavy sweater.
    I find it really strange, and keep wanting them to cover up. (DS says.. "You're such a mother!")

Succulents/plants are something that seem to be universally liked by tweens and teens.

brands/places my girls like (they are 17 and 18) - lululemon, athleta, free people, yeti, urban outfitters, bombas socks, puma sneakers (chunky white ones). Airpods never go out of style. They love their Apple Watches.

my son (15) loves sweatshirts (college ones, specifically), his iPhone, and everything on the menu at dunkin donuts
    Green Tea, mom to three

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

My 16yo ds says for girls it’s Air Force nikes, tight- cropped tops, chunky-soles shoes (lug soles are still in). For boys who skateboard or scooter he said to just buy something at Zumies. 13yo dd still loves chunky, baggy sweaters. But she also loves 50’s fashions when she can find them at the antique shops so her style is pretty unique.

I find that the kids complain less about the clothes I buy them from Zara. So maybe that’s a place to look. Hard to say, really.
    Last edited by gatorsmom; 10-21-2021 at 08:39 PM.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

I'm still not used to the fact that I can't go to a beauty salon and I need to learn how to cope with many beauty treatments on my own at home. I'm starting to gradually improve my skills in everything related to hand care, including manicure. I realized that it's really difficult to cut the cuticle or shape it with nails without a quality tool. I'm currently choosing glass manicure stick, here https://zamberg.com/collections/glass-stick I found many different products, but I still don’t know which one should I choose. Maybe someone here can help me?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast