Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    ahisma is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I've got nothing. I just showed these things to my 13 year old who said, "No offense, but its a flop. Other than mullets, which are hit or miss. Did you get these ideas off some mom blog?"

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by ahisma View Post
    i've got nothing. I just showed these things to my 13 year old who said, "no offense, but its a flop. Other than mullets, which are hit or miss. Did you get these ideas off some mom blog?"

Quote Originally Posted by ahisma View Post
    I've got nothing. I just showed these things to my 13 year old who said, "No offense, but its a flop. Other than mullets, which are hit or miss. Did you get these ideas off some mom blog?"

I don't have a teen or a girl, but I agree about the thick sole white sneakers and mom jeans. I've also seen quite a few girls wearing sports bra-type tops with said mom jeans and sneakers. I want throw a sweater over their shoulders. lol

Style trends differ by region and social sets. My 11-year-old plays AAU ball, so I spend many weekends around teenage boys and some girls. Hoodies are definitely big. I started see a lot of Champion brand hoodies in the spring. Also, basketball shoes are popular -- lots of Jordan 1s. And Crocs.
    DS: Raising heck since 12/09

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by carolinacool View Post

I don't have a teen or a girl, but I agree about the thick sole white sneakers and mom jeans. I've also seen quite a few girls wearing sports bra-type tops with said mom jeans and sneakers. I want throw a sweater over their shoulders. lol
    Here in western NY it’s sports bra type crop tops with baggy old school sweatpants and Crocs. It’s cold and also I just don’t get the attempt to look hot/sexy on top and care less about the bottom. It’s not like they are on zoom anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by elbenn View Post
    Maybe I know more trends than I thought because I am aware of most of these trends. I would love to find some exclusive type of shirt (kind of like the Ivory Ella shirts a few years ago) or sweatshirt brands (is Supreme still a thing?). High waisted jeans with tons of holes are big here and crop tops/sweatshirts for girls. I haven't really noticed much in the way of boy trends--just hooded sweatshirts.

Air pods and phones are the only gadgets I can think of as everybody wanting. Tik tok is so big--is there something related to that?

My idea (it's not a trend) is these little trees are adorable and I think girls would like them for their rooms: https://www.amazon.com/Firefly-Tree-...2s9dHJ1ZQ&th=1
    So funny! I have never heard of a Supreme sweatshirt but I asked my 13yo and he knew what it was. "They're like plain sweatshirts with the word "Supreme" on them and they sell for like $400." This was after he laughed when i asked if he knew of any brands or trends. I was impressed that he knew more than he let on. Neither of my kids have ever asked for anything like that before (and they're both pretty much reverse snobs and would shun something if it was trendy...which was the opposite of me at that age rocking my Esprit and Benetton ).
    he said: buzz cuts (so I guess mullets haven't caught on at his school), baseball hats, "sport shirts" which just means any shirt just made out of techy/wicking material and Airpods. That's all he had.

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

DS is 15 and a sophomore, he plays travel hockey and is completely obsessed with all things football, basketball, hockey, baseball. Most of his wardrobe is t shirts and hoodies, either a specific team, or Nike, Champion.

He has a GALAXY light in his room, it's pretty cool, it shines a pattern on the ceiling and walls, better than the LED lights he also has. He and his friends all have a roku that they stream sports on to watch games, they have figure out how to do it without paying and also use my Direct tv login info.

He bought his own air pods with his money from his summer job, those are pretty popular with everykid.

He and his hockey buddies all travel with their "blankets", DS has a custom hockey themed one from Minky Couture (they are in Utah), it's pretty heavy and he sleeps with it (gave up on sheets and a comforter about 2 years ago, they only seem to want to sleep with a soft blanket. When they have sleepovers they all bring their own blankets, it's pretty funny.

DD is 18 now in college. She bought herself a Nordic Beach cozy sweater/jacket thing, totally overpriced, but she paid for it (and then found 2 more on Mercari super cheap).

For girls, money to shop on Shein or Romwe- very inexpensive, but surprisingly not bad "trendy" clothing for teens. Gift cards to Ulta or Sephora.

An IPSY subscription, usually one comes up for 12 per month, it's fun to get a cute cosmetic bag with goodies.

I see lots of Air Jordans, Lululemon, Champion (which is so funny as it was the cheapo brand in the 80s), pretty much any type of althletic wear, scrunchies, ring light for their phone or a stand alone one for making videos.

WatchingThemGrow is online now Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

It's so funny nothing stands out. Didn't everyone one born in 1970 have to have the SAME $55 Members Only jacket?

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

My girls are freshman and it's definitely air force ones WHITE or mostly white (a little color is ok but beautiful rose gold metallic pair in perfect shape from Goodwill are NOT ok. Big eye roll). Vera Bradley seems to be making a comeback in their circle, whereas Kavu is over. Still lots of water bottles still lots of stickers. Croppy shirts but most of my girls friends are still wearing skinny jeans which surprised me. Hoodies and leggings and they still wear those white crocs. A lot of them wear apple watches.

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Following! I haven't been able to figure this out, and nothing really stands out here either. We live in a pretty culturally diverse neighborhood which might or might not affect trends. The only things I can say for sure are oversized sweatshirts. DD2 loves pleated miniskirts and I was able to find her a couple from Urban Outfitters that are long enough for school. It's a cute schoolgirl look, but I am not sure it's a trend but rather just a particular style. Like, my girls love black and white these days.

Mine get the most comments from school when they wear YouTube merch from popular streamers. Especially if it's an oversized hoodie.

ged is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

What kind of crocs are the kids wearing? I haven't seen that in my area - albeit - i'm not usually looking, lol

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast