Quote Originally Posted by hellokitty View Post
OMG, did they volunteer you to do this? I'm having anxiety just reading this and I am an experienced cook. However, hosting people for that many days, with a toddler underfoot and having to feed them 3 meals a day?!? I hope that they will help you with some of the cost of food... I like mikala's idea of outsourcing a lot of premade stuff that you can throw together for a meal to make your life easier. Use disposable plates and silverware or you will be doing dishes until the end of your life! I really hope that they help you more than just bringing a casserole!!!
Yeahhh...pretty much...I was really hoping we'd go to them but they all wanted to come here. I am happy they want to come but there's just a lot going on for me right now - they are four different families so they have more kitchens to work out of. And only two kids (rest are adults). We are just two families (my parents and us) and I have four kids (though my girls are old enough to be helpful now), having some health issues that have flared recently, and I am going back to work this week after all these years home with the kids. Anyway, it'll all come together somehow. Definitely outsourcing premade stuff for the other non Thanksgiving meals and using disposables every day except Thanksgiving.

I'm sure they'll want to cook, but I'm not sure that I want them to do more than one casserole or dish, because there just isn't that much space for so many of us to work.