This is our first year to host Thanksgiving. All of our extended family recently moved out of state, so they're also all coming to stay with us the Monday of Thanksgiving week (so that's 8 additional people at our house, plus a few at my parents' place). It'll be a total of 20 people (14 of us at our house for the week). Since we had a baby a few months before the pandemic, we really haven't hosted or had anyone over for more than 2 years now...so I'm having serious anxiety. I need help planning the actual Thanksgiving meal as well all the meals for the week. I have a lot of anxiety about cooking in front of others and am probably the least skilled or creative cook in the family.

The good thing is I don't have to actually make turkey because I have no idea how to lol. My cousins have said they'll help with Thanksgiving sides, but my kitchen isn't huge, and I'm having trouble envisioning how we're all going to work around each other. I'd love ideas of as many things as I can make ahead of time for Thanksgiving day and the other days.

I am searching through the forum for recipe ideas shared here in the past. But I'd still love any general tips or favorite recipes. I'm thinking I'll do roast chicken, cranberry bread, some sort of potatoes, veggies of some sort (maybe seasonal roast veggies)...what else should we do? What could be done completely or even partially in advance (like the weekend before everyone gets here)? Cousins have already offered to do mac and cheese and cornbread salad.

Thank you for helping a reluctant cook!