View Poll Results: Where do you wear your sweatpants/athletic wear?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • At home

41 100.00%
  • To workout outside or at the gym

40 97.56%
  • Walk the dog

27 65.85%
  • To pickup the kids from school

31 75.61%
  • To the grocery store/Costco

31 75.61%
  • Other kinds of shopping

22 53.66%
  • Out on a date or with friends

4 9.76%
  • Other?

4 9.76%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    marinkitty is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I live in athleisure wear. I don't wear matchy sweatsuits - but I do everything other than attend functions, dinners and meetings in some version of workout wear. Lots of Lulu leggings, pants or shorts and cropped Vuori sweats with a tank, tee or sweatshirt of some type. But I don't work outside the home and spend a lot of time outside so it fits my lifestyle. Around here (northshore of Chicago) doing errands dressed that way is the norm and going to coffee/brunch etc with friends at a casual place is also ok like this. I put on real clothes for the day if I'm not going to work out or have a meeting, lunch/coffee/drinks/dinner at a nicer spot or have appointments. When I'm in Montana its even more ok - everyone is dressed in outdoorsy stuff 80% of the time and dressed up means jeans!

Tenasparkl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by marinkitty View Post
    I live in athleisure wear. I don't wear matchy sweatsuits - but I do everything other than attend functions, dinners and meetings in some version of workout wear. Lots of Lulu leggings, pants or shorts and cropped Vuori sweats with a tank, tee or sweatshirt of some type. But I don't work outside the home and spend a lot of time outside so it fits my lifestyle. Around here (northshore of Chicago) doing errands dressed that way is the norm and going to coffee/brunch etc with friends at a casual place is also ok like this. I put on real clothes for the day if I'm not going to work out or have a meeting, lunch/coffee/drinks/dinner at a nicer spot or have appointments. When I'm in Montana its even more ok - everyone is dressed in outdoorsy stuff 80% of the time and dressed up means jeans!
    I don't know how I would've made it through the time at home without my vuori joggers. I love them so much!

On weekends, walks to school and work from home days I wear either leggings with a side pocket for my phone or the vuori joggers. I've been wearing jeans to work since I've been back but they all have stretch involved! No more uncomfortable pants for me.

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I live in Athleta headlands hybrid cargo pant on weekends or days off. I also will pair an Athleta fleece (cozy Karma) sweatshirt dress with running tights/leggings. I'd definitely shop, sport spectate, etc in either of those outfits. I don't own traditional sweatpants. But they are definitely popular with teen girls.
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

These are the sweats I wore today. (But mine were from Costco and $19!)

https://www.adidas.com/us/regular-jo...ts/GD2260.html

I feel like they're cute but they're not "fashion" maybe?

I don't usually go shopping or even pick up the kids (I have to get out of the car) in sweats. But it isn't like I'm wearing fancy clothes! My usual uniform is jeans, t-shirt, flip flops. It is cliche but lately I've had trouble tolerating jeans. I also think that jeans now have less lycra in them than the same cut I bought a few years ago.

I feel like maybe my casual clothes are a. not as nice as some of yours possibly? and b. I'm just not as fashionable so I'm a little self-conscious?

I feel like sweats can look comfy and stylish or...like you're not even trying. Maybe it isn't even the category so much as the details?

Ceepa is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by bisous View Post
    These are the sweats I wore today. (But mine were from Costco and $19!)

https://www.adidas.com/us/regular-jo...ts/GD2260.html

I feel like they're cute but they're not "fashion" maybe?

I don't usually go shopping or even pick up the kids (I have to get out of the car) in sweats. But it isn't like I'm wearing fancy clothes! My usual uniform is jeans, t-shirt, flip flops. It is cliche but lately I've had trouble tolerating jeans. I also think that jeans now have less lycra in them than the same cut I bought a few years ago.

I feel like maybe my casual clothes are a. not as nice as some of yours possibly? and b. I'm just not as fashionable so I'm a little self-conscious?

I feel like sweats can look comfy and stylish or...like you're not even trying. Maybe it isn't even the category so much as the details?
    I think those are fine and would feel comfortable doing school pickup or running into a grocery store in those. They have the striping embellishment and they're old school Adidas.

I have had the thought before that pre-COVID when I'd stop by the store after the gym I didn't think twice about wearing workout gear to shop. Not at all. But if I'm wearing athleisure, otherwise, for comfort, warmth, etc., I am more aware of being dressed so casually. As if other shoppers know/care the difference. Funny how that works.

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I don’t have any of the fleece- lined sweatpants anymore. I outgrew them back in the early aughts and then replaced them with yoga pants. Now I wear the yoga pants for gardening and sleeping. I don’t wear the yoga pants outside of the house. I don’t love leggings. Ive never loved the clingy feeling or the saggy crotch or tight crotch. The athletic wear I own now is Athleta travel-type pants like the Brooklyn ankle pant https://athleta.gap.com/browse/produ...Travel%20pants and Chelsea pant which I’m thrilled to see is stocked again in neutral colors. https://athleta.gap.com/browse/produ...p-page-content These are my favorite around-town and travel pants. I do have some dressier cotton cropped pants from Ann Taylor and Loft. I’d occasionally wear those to casual meetings. Now with the weather here getting cooler I’m loving the new jeans I found. Kind of like an updated version of 90’s mom jeans. They are actually comfortable! https://www.anntaylor.com/sculpting-...ctedColor=2661 My kids and Dh say they look good on me!

For Sunday church, board meetings and subcommittee meetings or volunteering at church, I wear midi or maxi skirts. Usually from Ann Taylor. I’m a sahm and I miss dressing nice for the office. I’ve always loved clothes and putting together outfits has always been a creative outlet for me.
    Last edited by gatorsmom; 10-21-2021 at 09:01 PM.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

smilequeen is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Athleisure is the style now. I won’t wear it to date night or nice events but it is appropriate for the vast majority of my mom life. And totally standard around here. Leggings and Vuori joggers are the bulk of what I wear anymore.
    Last edited by smilequeen; 10-21-2021 at 10:04 PM.
    Mama to my boys (04,07,11)

klwa is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Before last year, leggings (athletic style, not leggings with tunic style top/dress which are a different ball of wax) were a "I'm not leaving the house" or a "I have dance class tonight" thing. And then, over the course of the year, they just became a thing. Unless I need to look put together, I'm good being in comfy clothes. (Although, I'm a weirdo who actually loves jeans and finds them more comfy than most anything, so...) For work/going out, I'll wear nicer stuff, but for a run to Food Lion? Heck yeah I'll wear leggings.
    -Kris
    DS (9/05)
    DD (8/08)
    DD (9/12)

I didn't own any up until two years ago. But I got to the point where I don't always want to wear jeans to run errands in the winter. Sometimes jeans can feel cold to me. Old Navy to the rescue! I have three pairs of these joggers:

https://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/produ...p-page-content

And I have these in camo and am waiting for a black pair to arrive today:

I think they're cute enough, especially the camo colorway, although those aren't traditional sweats like the joggers in the first link. I would definitely wears those to meet my girlfriends for a casual lunch. But all of them are fine for running to Target or At Home or whatever.
    DS: Raising heck since 12/09

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by carolinacool View Post
    I didn't own any up until two years ago. But I got to the point where I don't always want to wear jeans to run errands in the winter. Sometimes jeans can feel cold to me. Old Navy to the rescue! I have three pairs of these joggers:

And I have these in camo and am waiting for a black pair to arrive today:

I think they're cute enough, especially the camo colorway, although those aren't traditional sweats like the joggers in the first link. I would definitely wears those to meet my girlfriends for a casual lunch. But all of them are fine for running to Target or At Home or whatever.
    I like the camo pair a lot! FWIW, I don't look down on people in any form of athleisure. Instead I am somewhat envious that they can pull it off! I just FEEL out of place when I dress like that. I think it might just be a matter of the right accessories and other parts of the outfit to work. But man, shopping in my sweats at Costco made the whole experience more enjoyable!

I laugh too about caring what people think at Costco. I'm wearing a mask so I'm kind of incognito anyway AND I have a GIANT cart that's so heavy I have to "put my back into" (lol) to move that puppy around so my outfit is hardly the most laughable thing about my appearance there.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast