Default ISO Reef Safe Sunscreen--EASY TO USE

DS is going on a really cool trip to California for an Oceanography class. He will be there Monday-Friday and there will be kayaking and snorkeling, etc. He needs reef safe sunscreen. I have never paid attention to this because we are really far from any oceans! The sunscreen HAS to be easy to use. I honestly don't care about good/bad on the chemicals list. I truly do not see him using some zinc cream he has to apply every hour. He is very fair and needs sunscreen that is easy to use so that he uses it. If it's spray on, that would be great. I need to be able to get it online--Amazon or something. (I doubt our local grocery store would carry it unless it is come really common brand like Banana Boat or Coppertone)

Thank you so much for any recommendations you have!!!!
    Mom to:
    DS '02
    DS '05
    Percy--the wild furry child!!! 2022----
    Simon--the first King Charles cutie 2009-2022
    RIP Andy, the furry first child, 1996-2012

"The task of any religion is not to tell us who we are entitled to hate but to teach us who we are required to love."

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I’d go with a rash guard to minimize the amount of sunscreen needed.
    I rarely reapply zinc oxide ones. Even after a shower, I still glow from the white cream. So, reapplying hourly will very likely be unneeded. That stuff stays put.
    California Baby and Badger are easily available at Whole Foods and, usually, Target.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

Mommy_Mea is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

This Alba botanica is reef safe and comes in a spray. The cream is really easy to apply too.

Alba Botanica Green Tea Hawaiian SPF 45 Sunscreen, 4 oz. (Pack of 2) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003CFB8OM...8PY3H0ZD74HKB1

Alba Botanica Hawaiian SPF 50 Nourishing Coconut Clear Spray Sunscreen, 2 Count https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MR764TU...59PE4EMSA2K22V

Sent from my Pixel 5a using Tapatalk
    DS1 June 2009
    DS2 June 2011

mmsmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

If you search reef safe on Amazon there are lots of options. Coola has a spray. I have used Ocean Potion. I agree w/ a long sleeve rash guard so he will mainly just have to put on face and neck. I like ThinkSport and they also have a stick.

smilequeen is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

My boys are too lazy to put on sunscreen that isn’t a spray. Coola and Supergoop are what we have. Both are reef safe
    Mama to my boys (04,07,11)

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Is he going to CIMI? Sounds like a fabulous trip! No advice other than using clothing to block as much as possible. I would think you could just google any reef safe sunscreens and then buy the spray version. Another option is stick options. I don't know if it is reef safe but DS2 is VERY pale skinned and really likes using Neutrogena that basically looks like deodorant. It works very well for faces.

Thanks!! I went with Coola. He has short sleeve rash guards. Let me see if I can find some long sleeve ones.

Bisous--it's on Catalina Island?? It's with school and they have done this trip before. I think it sounds awesome.
    Mom to:
    DS '02
    DS '05
    Percy--the wild furry child!!! 2022----
    Simon--the first King Charles cutie 2009-2022
    RIP Andy, the furry first child, 1996-2012

"The task of any religion is not to tell us who we are entitled to hate but to teach us who we are required to love."

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Target sunscreen is great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)