Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    NCGrandma is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default How available are covid boosters in your area? Where?

I’ve been keeping an eye on the local news, announcements from the local healthcare system, CVS ads, and other sources, but so far, it looks like vaccine boosters aren’t yet available around here.

By contrast, some of my NE family got theirs today, at a state-run site (yep, a drive-through at the train station, where they’ve been going for covid tests!).

What’s the situation where you live?

Sent from my iPad using Baby Bargains
    Last edited by NCGrandma; 10-23-2021 at 11:44 PM.

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Our local hospital is currently offering Moderna and Pfizer boosters for the immunocompromised but their website says they are formulating a plan to make boosters available soon for people ages 12+. I’m guessing I’ll get mine in the next month or 2 which will be 8months since my vax.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I don’t know about state run sites but I had no trouble getting my booster last week. All of our pharmacies have appointments for boosters. You might not get in same day but the wait is no more than a day or two.

basil is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

DH, my mom, and I had no trouble getting the Pfizer booster at CVS ~2 weeks ago. Plenty of appointments.

My dad got the Moderna booster yesterday and had a drive a few towns over for an appointment, and then the pharmacy was short staffed and he ended up waiting 1.5 hours past his appointment time.

We are in Mass.
    DS- 8/11
    DD- 5/14

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Very easy

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

I got my Pfizer booster a few weeks ago at a pharmacy. There were plenty of appointments available. DH said he checked as he plans to get a Moderna this week and thought it wouldn't be much of a problem, but maybe the demand for Moderna has grown since their numbers look the strongest.
    Mom to Two Wild and Crazy Boys and One Sweet Baby Girl

MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

All of our pharmacies have the Pfizer vaccine. It’s super easy to get an appointment. They don’t specifically call them boosters because they’re just the same shot, but you can get one with no problems with an appointment or walking in.

NCGrandma is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by carolinamama View Post
    I got my Pfizer booster a few weeks ago at a pharmacy. There were plenty of appointments available. DH said he checked as he plans to get a Moderna this week and thought it wouldn't be much of a problem, but maybe the demand for Moderna has grown since their numbers look the strongest.
    Interesting. Have you seen any booster info from the big health systems in your area (for either healthcare workers or the general public)? Around here, UNC and Duke were the first to set up vaccination events for the initial rounds.

Sent from my iPad using Baby Bargains

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Extremely easy. CVS and Walgreens have numerous appointments per day.

hbridge is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

DH and I are schedule for our booster this week, they were super simple to schedule.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast