Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    smilequeen is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Easy here. My parents walked into Walgreens and got them right away. DH got his recently. I will get mine in a few weeks. I don’t know if they actually care about eligibility. I have started working very part time again and considered a high risk job, so I’m definitely eligible.
    Mama to my boys (04,07,11)

NCGrandma is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by basil View Post
    My hospital system very half-heartedly offered boosters. There were a couple in the middle of the day. They were pretty much just encouraging people to go to a local pharmacy to get their booster. I think they may have put out a more robust response, but for the staffing shortages. They were having trouble staffing flu vaccine clinics, so didn't have the manpower to put up a big event like they had been doing for the past 10 months.
    Thanks for this perspective. I suspect something similar may be happening here with our health system. Looks like they are now encouraging patients to get boosters through their health system-affiliated providers' offices instead of doing mass vaccine events as before. (Employee Health and Student Health offer vaccines to faculty, staff and students, but no help for those of us who are retired.)

Sent from my iPad using Baby Bargains

ezcc is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

I think if I were you I would go ahead and get it at a pharmacy, I have a feeling the hospitals will be running clinics for the pediatric shots in a couple of weeks and it might be harder to get your booster then. I'm not technically eligible, so I am not rushing to get mine but if I were over 65 I would want it.

NCGrandma is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by ezcc View Post
    I think if I were you I would go ahead and get it at a pharmacy, I have a feeling the hospitals will be running clinics for the pediatric shots in a couple of weeks and it might be harder to get your booster then. I'm not technically eligible, so I am not rushing to get mine but if I were over 65 I would want it.
    Good point! Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Baby Bargains

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I checked last night and CVS has time slots every day all day for initial vaccines and boosters. My mom initially got J&J and is scheduled to get a Moderna booster. She chose Nov 7th though as she wanted to do it on a weekend and not this weekend because of Halloween.

Sent from my SM-A526U1 using Tapatalk
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

gamma is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

They are very available in my area of NJ. I received dose #3 Moderna (100mcg) last week. When the Moderna Booster starts to be given, it will be a half dose (50mcg). Pfizer will be the same dose as #1 & #2. Our county has sites set up and the vaccine is given either by appointment or to just walk-in. ( I walked in) CVS also is easy to receive the vaccine. Our county site and CVS report each dose to the State Vaccination System and it then shows up a few days later on our State Vaccination App 'Docket"

Percycat is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I walked up to the Sam's Club pharmacy, filled out the form, and had my shot within 5 minutes. Super easy.

ahisma is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Very available. They are pushing for appointments, but it's easy to get a next-day appointment.

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I had the dep't of health call me to schedule an appointment; I have asthma, but am under 50 and don't currently work so I wasn't sure if I qualified for a booster. Apparently, NJ DOH says I do, so I have an appointment at a nearby vax site in a couple weeks.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3