Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    sariana is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

DD (13) wanted to be a Grisha (from a book series she likes). She and her (girl?)friend are coordinating. We found some generic dresses on Amazon because the “official” costumes were hundreds of $$$ (for cosplay).
    DS '04 "Boogaboo"
    DD '08 "Lilybear"

Quote Originally Posted by California View Post
    All three of mine (including out of town college boy) still dress up for Halloween. Do your oldest kids? My DDs coordinate with friends. My DS no longer wants to do too much and has only worn simple, funny, not-very-pc costumes the last few years.

Any predictions on this years most popular costumes? Elsa seems to be hanging in there still!
    10yo is being some weird owl thing from a newer show (Owlhouse) that he conned my mom into making because of course he can't pick something we can buy at a store (although at least it should be fairly simple to make), DS2 decided the morning before their school Trunk or Treat that he wanted to be Harry Potter- it was one of the most popular costumes at his school I think, DD is being Minnie Mouse.

My dream is to have them all coordinate but has never happened and probably won't. The best we could do was Daniel Tiger and Baby Margaret when DS3 was in preschool and DD was a baby, and last year DD still had no opinions so they were Forky and Jessie from Toy Story.
    Angie

Mom to
    DD- 9/09-9/09
    DS- 2011 DS2- 2012 DS3- 2015 DD-2019

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

DS2 (12) is being Bob Ross because he has the hair to match.

DS1 (18 and in college) said he ordered himself a costume but I can't remember if he told me what it was.

Sent from my SM-A526U1 using Tapatalk
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

Love the halloween costumes. DD (8) is going as a devil, she's been fine tuning her costume over the last month. Mostly this means I come home with a missing piece and offer it to her but she feels very much in charge of the whole thing and yesterday she did a trial run of her face paint all on her own, etc. She's really into Halloween, decorates the house, etc.

DS(10) has declared all month that he's too old for trick or treating and just wants the money he'd get if he sold us his candy ($15-20) like he's done the last couple of years. We'll see what happens next weekend. DD never sells her candy, but he usually has traded it in after the first night.

Ironically we just started reading Harry Potter, after I mistakenly read the first couple of books to DS a few years ago when he was really too young and then had to put up with him ignorantly declaring it babyish for the last couple of years. Until about 2 weeks ago when we cracked it open again. Now they are both super super into it, and had I started it in August instead of end of Sept we'd probably all be going as hogwarts students.

I'll wear a dress I got a couple years ago for a annual events that just happens to always fall of the last weekend of Oct, I really look forward to getting to wear it: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/286682332517937729/
    ~ Dawn
    Our little monkey (4/2011) & his early holiday present 12/12

Liziz is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Mine are both going as Harry Potter characters, and judging from the Trunk or Treat we attended over the weekend, that costume is definitely still going strong! I'm having a few (not serious!) regrets about not convincing them to be something a little more unique -- it was hard to keep my eye on them as so many kids looked exactly the same! Obviously, I wasn't the only one who found the cute and reasonably priced costume on Amazon....
    Lizi

klwa is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

DS (16) hasn't dressed up for a couple of years, which makes me sad. His last few costumes were regular clothes, but made into a costume. (Minecraft Steve was a blue shirt & pants with a mask. Dustin from Stranger Things.)

DD1 (13) still wants to dress up. Last year she was Alice in Wonderland. This year she wants to be Hermione again, but Hermione when she wears a pink hoodie, pink T shirt, rainbow belt, and boot cut jeans, so regular clothes, but still a costume.

DD2 (9) is dressing up as Dorothy from Wizard of Oz.

Oh, and I have an outfit to be 50's Agatha from Wandavision. Although sadly I'm going to be in color.
    -Kris
    DS (9/05)
    DD (8/08)
    DD (9/12)

Tenasparkl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by klwa View Post
    Oh, and I have an outfit to be 50's Agatha from Wandavision. Although sadly I'm going to be in color.
    Love it! I waited too long to order her witch outfit and now it won’t ship in time. She’s the best.

smilequeen is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

My older two don’t dress up anymore. (I have told them they will probably enjoy it again in college…).

Because we are parents of the year, my 5th grader is going as a squid game character. I’ll take my trophy now….
    Mama to my boys (04,07,11)

newnana is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

HS DD and her friends are going as Disney princesses in their daily clothes, not the ball gowns. Think Belle in her blue dress/white apron. I'm so relieved it's not the sexified versions available in their adult sizes. The kids made the costumes and think it will be a blast to do princess voices and delight the little kids they come across. I think it's adorable and am so thrilled that they still want to embrace being kids.

Thanks to the BBB, I'm of the mindset that even a kid taller than DH in the most last minute thrown together costume may have just desperately decided they still wanted to enjoy one of the pleasures of childhood and I want to support that.

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

DD wanted to be Princess Zelda from Breath of the Wild, but DH didn't authorize costume assembly/purchase in August, so we didn't have time for a real costume to come.

We went to Spirit & she immediately spied a fleecy/minky unicorn onesie, so ... she's a unicorn.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast