Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    California is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default Just for fun: Halloween Costumes

All three of mine (including out of town college boy) still dress up for Halloween. Do your oldest kids? My DDs coordinate with friends. My DS no longer wants to do too much and has only worn simple, funny, not-very-pc costumes the last few years.

Any predictions on this years most popular costumes? Elsa seems to be hanging in there still!

basil is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

My kids aren't that old by BBB standards

My DS (10) will be the Mandalorian. DD is a deer...some odd costume with pink leggings, a deer hood, and a vest she picked off some website. I'll be Professor McGonagall, who I've been for the past 4 years, and I intend to be every year forward, cause she's my favorite
    DS- 8/11
    DD- 5/14

Mommy_Mea is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

DS1 (12) is a Kerbal, from a game he plays. I always have to make his costume, he picks really obscure costumes

DS2 (10) is Kermit, which was surprisingly hard to find in kids sizes! He ended up with an adult costume which works fine.

So two green characters!

Sent from my Pixel 5a using Tapatalk
    DS1 June 2009
    DS2 June 2011

DS1 (12) is Naruto (some sort of anime character)

DS2 (8) is going to be a hobbit. He has the hair.

DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

DD is closing in on 13. According to the letter from the superintendent of schools she is now too old to ToT but she will dress up in the evening and go with her brother. Both kids made their own costumes last year but we didn’t go anywhere so DD will wear last years costume. Much to her chagrin her brother doesn’t want to wear his coordinating costume again this year and he and DH made something in a related theme for this year. You would have to be a big nerd to understand how their costumes went together last year so in a way this years pairing is more obvious.
    momma to DD 12/08 & DS 3/13

Mommy_Mea is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by georgiegirl View Post
    DS1 (12) is Naruto (some sort of anime character)

DS2 (8) is going to be a hobbit. He has the hair.

One of DS1's friends is Kakashi Hatake from the same show

Love the costume with the hair!
    DS1 June 2009
    DS2 June 2011

DS1(16) says he isn't doing anything for Halloween so I guess he's not dressing up. DS2(13) plans to dress as a soccer player. DD(10) is dressing as a zombie cheerleader for her school celebration and a zombie gymnast for trick or treating. She wanted something gory and scary this year but I miss the cute and sweet costumes of the past.
    Mom to Two Wild and Crazy Boys and One Sweet Baby Girl

DS (12 in December) is going to be Fishstick from Fortnite. I bristled a little at the idea of paying $35 at Target. But then I thought back to last year when he was a crazed machete killer. It took days for me to paint blood splotches on clothes, let them dry, add more and let them dry again. And then the day of, I had to put blood on his skin and spray paint his hair. This costume was completely baked, so I just tossed it in the cart.

I’m hoping Halloween is more normal this year. Last year we took DS and a couple of his friends out, and it was pretty dead. People really did listen to the CDC in our neighborhood! Lol
    Last edited by carolinacool; 10-24-2021 at 09:14 PM.
    DS: Raising heck since 12/09

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

DD1, 14, didn’t TorT the last two years…last year because of the pandemic and year before because no friends invited her along and she was too introverted to ask. She and a few 9th grade girls are going this year. She’s going as a soccer mom.

DD2, 12, is going as a scary clown…it’s a dress that’s kind of got a harlequin vibe to it. Red, black, white. Wig is half red half black. She’s twinning with her BFF who she’ll TorT with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

bisous is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Oh my gosh. I love that little Hobbit so much! My big kids still like to ToT. I don't know though...this year DS1 is 18. Yeah, that's too old. The two teens want costumes this year but don't have any yet. They don't wear them to school and aren't ToTing so I don't see why they need them...

DS3 is 10 and will be Blue Toad from Mario (DS2 wore that costume last year). DD was given an AMAZING Maleficent costume so that's what she's going to be. Done!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast