Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    pharmjenn is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieW625 View Post
    We had to have DD2 tested at sleepaway camp as it was required for her to attend and the private company who the camp hired said it would be billed to her insurance and so far we have not received a bill. This was in August.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My son was tested at CVS prior to Scout sleepaway camp. I see the EOB from CVS and from the lab on my insurance, but never received a bill.
    mom to Billy 12/07

ezcc is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

There is a nearby small pharmacy near us that I think is running a bit of a scam with this -they charged our insurance company a lot (I think over $500) for a walk in test. The insurance company only paid a portion of it but they did not bill us for the rest. The crazy thing is they will test you if you are uninsured for $20.

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I noticed an EOB on file for DH's and my vaccines, but we have not been billed.

We took DD to her pediatrician to be tested (twice!), but that fell under a sick visit, so we had a copay, but nothing further.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

PunkyBoo is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Thanks, all. Hopefully we won't get billed. Last night I looked at the website we used to book the appointments and see they now have a statement that some insurance companies are denying coverage for the tests so they recommend appealing. That was not there before, but if we don't get a bill I won't worry about it.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Mama to DS1 Punkin (2/04) and DS2 Boo (1/09)

khm is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

My husband took two after a close contact exposure. The first was free, but results would take 2-3 days. After taking it, he was just stressing out so he found a quick-result place and that one cost $80. Our state has shut down state test sites, and he had some difficulty finding open appointments or a place to walk-in, but he did find them eventually.

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Wow. I didn't know anyone had to pay for testing. I don't think anyone should have to. I hope your insurance company covers it!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2