Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default 5-11 covid vaccine coming!!

FDA advisors voted to recommend Pfizer's 5-11yo kids covid vaccine. YAY...still a couple steps to go through before it's rolled out BUT one of my friends was able to make an appointment for end of next week at her pediatrician's office in advance today. Might be worth a call...for those of you waiting on the edge of your seats!

KpbS is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Exciting news for sure! Checking our local pharmacy now
    K

MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I'm waiting on a call from our trial site. I suspect they will want to get us in to unblind us so they can keep the kids who got placebo in the trial.

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Yay!! It cannot come soon enough!!

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Just tried with Walgreens and DD2 is still not eligible. The pharmacies will most likely be quicker than the pediatrician.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Mommy_Mea is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Our pediatrician started taking appointments yesterday in anticipation of approval. I am glad I grabbed a spot for DS2, because they are now booking into the new year!

Sent from my Pixel 5a using Tapatalk
    DS1 June 2009
    DS2 June 2011

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I’m so excited. By the looks of it, if I can get dose 1 done for DD2 in the next two weeks then she’ll be fully vaccinated by her birthday. I’m going to call the peds office today to see if they will be offering it and how soon. If they aren’t then I’m going to call the county health dept for an appt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

klwa is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

*sigh* Our ped office is not in the list of offices getting the vaccine for our state, so I've got to wait until the health department opens up for booking the ped version.
    -Kris
    DS (9/05)
    DD (8/08)
    DD (9/12)

Quote Originally Posted by klwa View Post
    *sigh* Our ped office is not in the list of offices getting the vaccine for our state, so I've got to wait until the health department opens up for booking the ped version.
    Where did you find this list?
    DS: Raising heck since 12/09

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Called my peds office and the family practice where I got my vaccine (not a patient but it was open to the public) and neither is prescheduling kids doses. Both said they have ordered it but not received it and won't start scheduling until it is on hand.
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast