Default TMI: Dog Poop on Super Nice Rug!

How do I even begin to clean up? Dried. Must've happened last nite.

Started to use baby wipes to pick up but can use any and all suggestions!!!!!
    DD1 - 1996
    DD2 - 1999
    DD3 - 2005

Surfaces are for working, not for storing. - Peter Walsh

mmsmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Pick up what you can then use Nature’s Miracle… soak it and let it dry. You can blot if needed.

doberbrat is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

sorry! Pick up what you can without smearing. vacuum if possible any flecks. Then douse liberally with nature's miracle (or other enzymatic cleaner) wipe up what you can. and let air dry.
    dd1 10/05
    dd2 11/09
    and ... a mini poodle!

hbridge is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Can you roll it up and take it to the cleaners??? Definitely clean and use Nature's Miracle and see where you are, but the cleaners might be an option if it's an heirloom throw...

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Pick up what you can carefully to avoid smearing, flush in toilet. As PP stated, douse liberally with Nature's Miracle or similar enzyme based cleaner. Wipe/pick up what you can while it's wet, but AVOID scrubbing. Let air dry. Vacuum to remove any dry flecks, which should be near the surface since you didn't scrub. Spray thoroughly again with enzyme cleaner, and this time scrub it into the fibers of the rug with your fingers or a brush to get any bits not visible to the eye. Air dry. Vacuum again. I like to lay plastic + several paper towels or old towel under the rug (if possible to lift up the rug) during this process to soak up any cleaner that soaks through and to protect wood floors. It's possible the rug may bleed or fade...it is what it is when you have to clean up gross things! In my experience, I haven't had any issues with enzyme cleaners on wool rugs. I've only ever had a cotton rug bleed (black stripes onto white stripes).

If it's carpet, just use enough Nature's Miracle to soak it thoroughly.

I personally like unscented Anti Icky Poo, which works just as well as Nature's Miracle but without the heavy scent that Nature's Miracle unfortunately has now.

Thanks all so much for the helpful tips!!!!!
    DD1 - 1996
    DD2 - 1999
    DD3 - 2005

Surfaces are for working, not for storing. - Peter Walsh