Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    smilequeen is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default If your under 12 year old had Covid? Vax question

None of us had Covid and have all been vaxxed except our 10 year old. He tested positive for Covid after 24 hours of cold symptoms last month.

WWYD re the vax at his age since he had Covid so recently? I think we will get his antibodies tested to make sure it wasn’t a false positive as is definitely vax him ASAP if he hasn’t had it.
    Last edited by smilequeen; 10-28-2021 at 11:20 AM.
    Mama to my boys (04,07,11)

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

My thought is that life will be easier if you have that proof of vaccination either way. Easier than explaining that he hasn’t been vaccinated but had covid. Most venues that require vaccinations aren’t going to budge without proof of a negative test or the card. I wouldn’t worry about the overlap but I’ll let someone more versed chime in.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

It's bizarre to me (and a CDC failure) that natural immunity and recent infection do not count at all towards immunity. Please wait 90 days before getting him his shot.

mmsmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

The issue is no one knows how long the antibodies will last nor do they know what level the antibodies need to be in order to prevent infection. If it were my child I would have him vaccinated.

AnnieW625 is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default If your under 12 year old had Covid? Vax question

Dd1’s friend who had Covid in August didn’t wait 90 days. She is fully vaccinated now and has been since early this month. I think she waited whatever the minimum was. I think she was scared of getting it again (she wasn’t hospitalized; just flu like symptoms for 3 days; but I think it was enough to scare her) and then like Snuggles said it is almost easier to have it to be able to show proof of vaccination. Not sure about the rest of the US but California requires a vax card or a negative test to attend any kind of event indoor over 1000 people and LA County has the same rule for outdoor events as well.

To be 100% completely honest though if it wasn’t for the testing requirement to attend events for everyone 2+ (that is a supposed to expire on 11/1, but I am sure will get extended) I would probably wait until April when DD2 turns 12 to have her vaccinated but she is missing out on stuff we do as a family (go to hockey games) so I would like her to get vaxxed so she can start going with us. If the OP doesn’t have a vax mandate and the doctors say wait 90 days then I would be happy waiting 90 days. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by AnnieW625; 10-28-2021 at 11:34 AM.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

o_mom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Kindra178 View Post
    It's bizarre to me (and a CDC failure) that natural immunity and recent infection do not count at all towards immunity. Please wait 90 days before getting him his shot.
    Based on what?
    Mama to three boys ('03, '05, '07)

Quote Originally Posted by o_mom View Post
    Based on what?
    I guess I don't understand your question.

o_mom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Kindra178 View Post
    I guess I don't understand your question.
    What is your recommendation to wait 90 days based on?
    Mama to three boys ('03, '05, '07)

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Here in NY the guidance from local health depts seems to be to wait 90 day but then absolutely get vaccinated after that.
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

Quote Originally Posted by o_mom View Post
    What is your recommendation to wait 90 days based on?
    What Wendibird said. The guidance used to be wait, and then it wasn't. I didn't wait and it was a mistake.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast