JustMe is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Need some tips on Ds and shaving

Ds is 15. He has been using various disposable razors, but he is always has a lot of stuble. I have no idea about this stuff, so I am counting on you all to help me help him. I am not sure if he needs a different razor, different technique, etc. Thanks!
    lucky single mom to 20 yr old dd and 17 yr old ds through 2 very different adoption routes

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Mine has an electric. He has tried his dads but I think this is the one he likes best https://www.usa.philips.com/c-m-pe/o...edge-and-shave

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

klwa is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Does he have stubble as soon as he finishes shaving or a bit later? DH has five o'clock shadow about 2 hours after shaving because that's just how fast his grows. If it's as soon as he finishes, you might want to see what he's doing. If he's nervous about it touching him/cutting himself, he might not be getting a clean cut.

But, I'm with PP who made sure DS had an electric.
    -Kris
    DS (9/05)
    DD (8/08)
    DD (9/12)

mmsmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

DS started with electric and now has a Harry’s subscription.

Thanks for the info. I will look into electric. Any preferred model info would be appreciated. SnuggleBuggles, is it the OneBlade razor? The link goes several different products, but I am thinking this is the one you mean?

The below is an interesting thought. His hair does grow pretty quickly, so I will have to ask/find out if he is more clean shaven and it just grows that quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by klwa View Post
    Does he have stubble as soon as he finishes shaving or a bit later? DH has five o'clock shadow about 2 hours after shaving because that's just how fast his grows. If it's as soon as he finishes, you might want to see what he's doing. If he's nervous about it touching him/cutting himself, he might not be getting a clean cut.

But, I'm with PP who made sure DS had an electric.
    lucky single mom to 20 yr old dd and 17 yr old ds through 2 very different adoption routes

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by JustMe View Post
    Thanks for the info. I will look into electric. Any preferred model info would be appreciated. SnuggleBuggles, is it the OneBlade razor? The link goes several different products, but I am thinking this is the one you mean?

The below is an interesting thought. His hair does grow pretty quickly, so I will have to ask/find out if he is more clean shaven and it just grows that quickly.
    Oops! yes, the One Blade. Easy to find at a lot of stores, which is helpful for when you need new heads.

mom2binsd is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

DS is 15, I got him a Harry's set last year, it was on promo, so he got a blade holder, two blades and shaving cream. It's a nice quality blade and reasonable, he hasn't had any difficulty shaving, and it's better than a disposible one. Check online for a promo code.

Thanks for the suggestions!