My last IUD was 11 years ago. I'm sure I was using tampons back then.

I've been using a cup for at least the past 5 years. I've read mixed information on cup wearing with an IUD because strings can get "caught" on removal or suction can cause expulsion of the IUD. But then I've read some mixed info on using tampons with an IUD too. I don't think the MD trimmed the strings at all because they feel very long. I'm also very petite and have a lower sitting cervix and so my cervix sits right at or probably inside a bit any cup I use. I also have to use a cup with a very firm construction or else is slips down/out and so relieving the suction to pull it out takes effort. I've also read that you aren't supposed to use cup or tampon for a few cycles after IUD insertion as risk of dislodging and expulsion are greatest in the first month or so.

IUD was inserted 2 weeks ago. AF is due any moment. The reason for the IUD is VERY heavy flow and so I can't really go with just a pad. I did ask the PA about cup use and she just said to be very careful upon removal. But then I had the failed insertion. Then when I had the next attempted insertion with the MD that turned into such a fiasco of trying to shove the sucker in that I forgot to ask her what her recommendation was.

What product(s) should I use????