Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    LD92599 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Chemo, Breast Cancer, DMX, - loaded post

ISO advice or suggestions from those that have possibly BTDT.

Recently diagnosed with Stage 2 BC (was originally Stage 1 but when they did the DMX and removed Lymph Nodes, 2 of them showed cancer; 15 were removed...my drains were removed yesterday on Day 21).

DMX is done; tissue expanders are in place. Anyone BTDT? They feel SOOO weird. and I know i need to get used to it because i'll have them for at least the next 4-6+ months. But i'm having 2nd thoughts about reconstruction at all - but that's another conversation for another time.

16 weeks of chemo starts in a few weeks; once per week, every OTHER week, 8 rounds = 16 weeks. Radiation is TBD.

I'm not going to opt for a wig at this point but I'm pretty much guaranteed to lose my hair. I'll cut it short before hand but until then, I have a few appointments for blowouts (because of COURSE it's the longest it's been!) before various outings.

Any amazing vendors for head wraps? Hats?
    Tips for handling chemo? I ordered Medline Emesis bags for easier clean up!

Kids are 11 and 18 - they are aware of what's going on. 18 yo commutes to college locally which I'm grateful as he's another driver.

sariana is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

No advice but I wanted to send you hugs. Stay strong. {{{huge}}}
    DS '04 "Boogaboo"
    DD '08 "Lilybear"

smilequeen is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

No experience but also wanted to send hugs and lots of positive thoughts to you <3
    Mama to my boys (04,07,11)

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I’m so sorry you’re going through this. Sending P & PTs and healing vibes your way. Please let us know how we can support you.

Sending the most positive vibes I possibly can as another breast cancer survivor.
    Chemo regimens vary and everyone is different in their tolerance/side effects. One thing I would say is don’t say no to offers of help. People want to help. Meals, offers to drive your younger DC, etc. say yes. Rest when you need to, but do try to get some exercise when you feel up to it. It helps.

Major hugs.

Sending positive energy and warm thoughts for as peaceful a journey to recovery as possible.

Headcovers.com for head wraps. And Etsy.

Watching my mother go through chemo, key was staying ahead of the nausea…so take the antiemetics at the first hint of queasiness (should you have any…everyone is different).

Sent from my iPad using Baby Bargains

Sending hugs and positive energy to you.

Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Sending positive thoughts and strength.

My friend did the dry ice treatment when she had chemo and didn’t lose her hair. Not sure if that is something you want to look into but I thought I would mention.

Agree with others on accepting help and meals and whatever else you may need.

I am so sorry you are dealing with this.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

KpbS is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

So sorry to hear it. Will pray for healing. (((Hugs)))
    K

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I don’t have advice, really. I just wanted to offer that we will keep you in our prayers for a full recovery. I’m so sorry you are going through this.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast