Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Favorite Things? I need gift ideas for me.

I love combing through the favorite things threads here to discover things to make my life better, and I haven't seen one in a hot minute.

I'm stumped for gift ideas for me this year and my family keeps asking for my wish list since Chanukah is in three weeks (whose idea was that?) Can you share some of your favorite things with links, if possible?
    Mama to my three:
    DD 2/2003
    DD 5/2006
    DS 3/2010

erosenst is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Thanks for starting this - I love seeing people’s finds!!

Two things from me - if you don’t have the revlon round hot brush thing it’s life changing. I can get the link if you don’t know it.

And found this on some list somewhere. Powerful fan in a small space, and can be used bedside (or desk side?) for travel. Takes up way less space than what I used to have. JISULIFE 3 IN 1 Handheld Fan,... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B097BJKSHM...p_mob_ap_share.

And with you on Hanukkah in 3 weeks. Glad we do *minimal* gift exchanging.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for this thread!

I have two girlfriends who I exchange gifts with for Christmas. We also exchange gifts for birthdays. We’ve done this for many years,so I feel like I’ve given everything: jewelry, scarves/gloves, Cute kitchen items, Lux body items, gift cards, mugs, travel cups, the Costco throw. I’ve honestly hit the wall this year. Would love ideas in the $20-$30 range.
    Last edited by carolinacool; 11-06-2021 at 11:37 AM.
    DS: Raising heck since 12/09

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Always love these threads SO much. Probably too much.

my favorites.
    these are older ones that have stood the test of time for me: (some are super practical so maybe not gift-y but still) lots came from this board!

Sash Bag, Force of Nature cleaning, ecloth microfiber, Pacifica lip gloss and body spray, bare minerals makeup, goodys forever hair ties, homemade sugar scrub, instant pots, vitamix, le crueset pots, weighted blanket, relax essential oils by plant therapy, corelle dishes, duralex glasses, castile soap, barefoot dreams cardigans plus Costco dupes (I have like 6 total), UGG boots, Klean kanteen, Yeti, Bubba silicone straws, birkenstocks, fitflops, Columbia coat, batiste dry shampoo, over sized Bobby pins, double walled stainless steel french press, Vera Bradley makeup bag and duffel bags, small handheld milk frother for coffee, silicone key fob cover, natural calm magnesium capsules, HP instant ink for printing.

ETA: how could I forget my Kindle Paperwhite, I use it every day!

I’ll make another post for new favorites.
    Last edited by Melaine; 11-06-2021 at 12:29 PM.

ang79 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by erosenst View Post
    Thanks for starting this - I love seeing people’s finds!!

Two things from me - if you don’t have the revlon round hot brush thing it’s life changing. I can get the link if you don’t know it.

And found this on some list somewhere. Powerful fan in a small space, and can be used bedside (or desk side?) for travel. Takes up way less space than what I used to have. JISULIFE 3 IN 1 Handheld Fan,... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B097BJKSHM...p_mob_ap_share.

And with you on Hanukkah in 3 weeks. Glad we do *minimal* gift exchanging.

I had looked at that Revlon brush awhile back but reviews said it was causing chunks of hair to fall out for some people and that scared me away! I just got my hair cut shorter (above shoulder layered bob), so probably not that useful at this stage now anyways.

More, mostly newer like from this year.

Owala freesip water bottle. I have been drinking so much more water this way.
    Kristin Ess air dry cream. Where has this been all my life? Really helping my curl to hold and my hair dries much nicer. Wish it was scent free.
    Merino wool blend clothing. I had no idea how life changing these would be, even in my warm climate. Love the ease of less laundry and temp control. I have a handful of pieces from Wool& and Woolx, both brands are really nice.
    Thinx for women, love them.
    Swim romper from Target
    revlon style dry brush thing like mentioned above
    chi spin & curl LOVE it
    Subtl beauty makeup

mikala is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Oooh, I love these threads too!

Revlon dryer brush and Aveda Nutriplenish leave-in conditioner
    Lunatec travel washcloth -- scrubby material that is great for shower gels but flat so it dries fast and doesn't get funky over time like poufs
    SodaStream
    Dyson cordless vac
    Breville milk frother -kids love it for hot cocoa too
    Enro masks
    Olive and June nail polish
    Kindle Paperwhite
    Vionic slippers
    Victorinox 6.7836.4US1 Swiss Classic 4-Piece Utility Knife Set, 4-Inch --use all the time for cutting fruit, etc. when I don't want to handwash my chef's knife
    Happy Light

I have been thinking about a Soda Stream. I know that I had one forever ago and never used it. What do you make with it mikala? Have you tried Jing by chance? It’s a soda alternative to add to carbonated water, supposed to be really healthy.

NCGrandma is online now Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by corrie23 View Post
    I'm stumped for gift ideas for me this year and my family keeps asking for my wish list since Chanukah is in three weeks (whose idea was that?) Can you share some of your favorite things with links, if possible?
    One possible advantage of an early Chanukah is that fewer well-meaning people may ask "that’s just like Christmas, right?" (Hey, I live in the South — fortunately my CCRC neighbors are better informed.)

Sent from my iPad using Baby Bargains

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Sodastream
    Rothy's. I can't wear heels so I wear these exclusively for work, love them.
    Allbirds high tops, I have the tree toppers in pink and they make me smile every time I put them on.
    Yeti mug with handle and lid
    Paula's Choice lip balm (the BEST I've EVER used)
    Sandcloud towel...we mostly use them as throws on the couch, so pretty and soft, 100% cotton.
    Cupanion water bottle. Not insulated, but lightweight and holds carbonation. Great for travel, better than lugging a double-walled stainless steel bottle.
    Envirosax (I am still using them from when they were recommended here YEARS ago!)
    Pura Vida rings. Lots of dainty styles for smaller fingers that make me smile.
    Snoopy robe from Vermont Country Store haha...100% cotton flannel but not too heavy. With dancing Snoopy's on it, makes me smile.
    Athleta Brooklyn ankle pants. I need more in smaller sizes since I've lost weight...comfy, travel/pack easily, awesome for work.
    Lake pajamas. Spendy, but VERY smooth, soft, 100% cotton.
    Dyson cordless vac has been LIFECHANGING for me.
    Lululemon Vinyasa snap scarf
    Space heater. We have a Vornado brand in a cool metal retro style. Warming up the master bath in the winter is SO luxurious
    Bialetti. The size I have makes one perfect hot cup of coffee.
    Air fryer. Lifechanger, helps sooo much with making dinner prep go faster.
    Pillowfort white cotton bath rug. Says "Hello" on it, SO well-made and absorbent, feels SO good to step on out of the shower. Target, no longer available so I'm glad we have 3 of them
    Cotton flannel blanket (Garnet Hill, made in Germany). NO STATIC, seriously the best.

Will add more if I think of them. I'm on a cotton kick right now, it just feels best on my skin, and I HATE static, so looking for good quality cotton sweatpants, sweatshirts/hoodies, tees...does anyone know of a good quality, natural static spray that actually works on clothing?? I have so many work pieces that are synthetic (and probably best that they are synthetic as they are wrinkle-free, easy to pack, etc) but OH how I HATE static...

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast