Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Default Are you still using your peloton?

I know a lot of people got these during covid. However, now that things are opened up again, are you still using it as much as you were at the beginning?

My husband has a coworker who got one and told her when she gets sick of it we'll buy it off of her. I'm curious how other peloton owners are doing with usage.
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

mmsmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I got a Schwinn bike almost a year ago that I use with the Peloton app. I still use it several times a week and do a lot of other classes on the Peloton app too. We have a gym that is part of our club that I go to for classes sometimes to. I enjoy the variety. The gym classes are outside which I like because I don’t want to do intense workouts while wearing a mask. I dropped my Y membership during the pandemic and won’t go back now that I’m set up at home. The riding boot camps are my favorite.

Still going strong and it's been a 1.5 years now. Sometimes I go through periods of everyday and sometimes just a few times a week. Haven't missed a week since I've started. (85 week streak!)
    Last edited by pinkmomagain; 11-06-2021 at 05:32 PM.
    DD1 - 1996
    DD2 - 1999
    DD3 - 2005

Surfaces are for working, not for storing. - Peter Walsh

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

i am still on my 88 wk streak, though admitedly don't use mine as much bc i started going to Pure Barre a lot. And when i do Peloton i've been using the Tread+. DH still uses the Bike at least once a week. i want to get back into it though. it's so much more efficient than going out to exercise somewhere. hubs and i want to upgrade to the Bike+ after seeing it in-person in a showroom the other day. Having a swivel-screen and speakers in front, plus automatic connection to the Apple Watch would be a huge deal. The larger screen is nicer too.

the big thing is that the regular Bike has dropped in price, like a ton. It is now $1495!!! I cannot believe it...it's almost $1k less than when we originally got it in May 2020.
    So, that is good news for you if you are buying a used one, the seller cannot ask for too much because the new price has dropped so much.
    i still want to upgrade to the Bike +. I think both DH and I would use it way more. I want to do the Bike bootcamps and can't really do them where the bike is now, bc it's in a corner. For DH, the big deal is the speakers. He is always having to use headphones even when no one is on a call or anything, just bc he can't hear it.

Peloton will take used Bikes for $700 apparently, towards a Bike + and i think we may do that. We could probably get $1k or more selling it on facebook or craigslist, but i really don't want to deal with craziness of people during the holiday season. I just cannot stand dealing with flaky buyers and annoying karens who ask a million questions and then flake out.

As for the Tread+, it doesn't get as much use now that kids are in in-person school (they used to each use it every single day when they did virtual, and over the summer). I am the main one who uses it now, and i should use it more. i love being able to just do walks and runs without having to clip in
    Last edited by ♥ms.pacman♥; 11-06-2021 at 04:51 PM.

Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Not peloton but we have nordic track bike and treadmill and I use several times a week barring work crises or too many other appts.

Make sure you get a bike where the screen turns because it’s like having a personal trainer in your home.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

Philly Mom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I use my bike multiple times a week. I also have a tv in the room so will mirror to that screen if I want to do something on the floor. It makes it so I don’t need the +. I love the powerzone program. But for using that program, I am not sure I would use the bike as much. PZ is about working out at your personal fitness level. I also like the strength and yoga classes.

AnnieW625 is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Yes, but I only got it in March. I honestly didn’t use it as much during the summer and I am not sure why. I started using it last week for rides at lunch and there is usually a live ride from England (so far….) with Bradley Rose because of the 8 hr. time difference they have been lining up with my lunch hour (I wonder if that time will change with the time change tonight) so that has been fun and it gets me up from my desk.

I do find that the bulk of the live rides are more better timed for those time zones because the studio is in New York so most of the live rides with the popular instructors on west coast time are between 3:30 and 6:30 am and between 1:30 and 4:30 pm Pacific time.

I have done one yoga class and it was okay but honestly I am not used to doing yoga with pop music so that isn’t a big draw for me.

I have yet to do a cardio class either but I could because my bike faces my tv so no need for the Bike Plus.

I have the Powerzone meter on my screen from taking the Powerzone test (I did the one with Denis Morton and it was literally the worst class I have ever taken….it is hard and the hard metal death style rock used was not my cup of tea, but sadly I think it might be the only Powerzone test). I did take the initial class as well with Matt Wilpers but I never completed he whole series. I had been riding for about 3-4 months though when I did it so I knew my ride style. I also took a Powerzone class with Christine D’Ericole when I was still fairly new and and her teaching style was just not for me. I also took one with Denis Morton and that one was better, but I do recommend taking the program or at least the first few classes before taking the test, but I do like having the meter on my screen so I can see how I am doing.

You will find teachers you like and those who you don’t like or will only be able to take in small doses. I don’t care for Jess King or Christine D’Ericole (I tried to do her Halloween live ride on Sunday and it was just too much…..I couldn’t concentrate on the ride at all because her costume was just too much), Robin Arzon is really hard for me, Ally Love makes me sweat a ton as do Emma Lovewell, Leanne Hainsby, and Denis Morton but I usually love their playlists. I like Ben Aldis as well, but sometimes don’t care for his house/electronic music like playlists. I also really like Jen Sherman, Hannah Corbin, and Tunde O. . Hannah Frankson, Tunde, Bradley Rose, and Emma Lovewell are great for strength classes. I like Cody Rigsby but I have to be in the right mood to take one of his classes.

I don’t regret my purchase at all but now I am kind of jealous about it being $400 less than it was when I bought it. Mine was $400 off the original price.

I will say the shoes took some time to get right. I have a high instep so the Peloton brand shoes didn’t work for me. I ended up with Venzo shoes from Amazon and I find that wearing thick Zulu brand running socks work the best for me; I know others wear thin socks but I need additional padding. You can also get Shimano shoes but then you need different pedals, but overall once learning how to clip in and clip out I have been ok with the regular Peloton shoes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by AnnieW625; 11-07-2021 at 10:15 AM.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

basil is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I don't have a Peloton, I have a Bowflex knock off bike. I also have a non-Peloton treadmill. I like running and I like the treadmill programming, but started finding that I couldn't do as much high intensity intervals stuff as they had in their library, so gradually just converted over to steady state runs watching TV. I'm having foot issues though, so sort of converted over to biking more.

I do the power zone rides on the bike, and I can play them on the TV I have in the room and surf social media on my iPad during the intervals. I never did the power zone test, I just sort of gradually bump up my intervals as I'm feeling stronger if I'm biking more. I know it's not how you are supposed to do it, but it works for me.
    DS- 8/11
    DD- 5/14

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Kindra178 View Post
    Not peloton but we have nordic track bike and treadmill and I use several times a week barring work crises or too many other appts.

Make sure you get a bike where the screen turns because it’s like having a personal trainer in your home.

this is the reason we are upgrading to the Peloton Bike+ . i really want a bike w/ screen that turns. it would be so useful

I got a cheapie Sunny bike from Amazon a year ago and have been using it with the Peloton app. I'm currently evaluating upgrade options. It kills me to pay the $40/month subscription with the Peloton bike but I'm currently debating between the regular Peloton, Schwinn IC4 at Target - there is a $200 gift card deal until 11/20 and then the red card discount, or an Echelon that a local guy has on fb marketplace for $500. I have a 48 week streak going and I work out harder than I have in years with the Peloton instructors.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast