Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    firstbaby is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

This week is our one year anniversary with the Bike +. Love, love, love it. Less expensive than the gym and I’ve been doing a lot more variety in my workouts. I’m on the bike 3+ days a week plus other peloton workouts.

MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We bought a Bowflex about a year ago and we still use it with the Peloton ap. DH uses it more than me, but I plan to get back on it with winter coming. DH also uses the peloton ap for running outside. We just mirror to our tv so it's like the instructor is in the room with us.

LD92599 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I'm not using it as much but only because I am still recovering from a DMX and start chemo next week! I've kept up my streak though....62+ weeks. Slow rides; first one post DMX I couldn't clip in....but it is what it is! I've also walked outdoors during recovery to the outdoor walks.

For those Peloton users, have you heard of the on the HardCoreontheFloor (or whatever the name actually is!) group? I follow it and have grand plans to get stronger once I'm physically cleared and able!

Twoboos is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Still going - I have some week streak going... 114 maybe? (Bike isn't nearby to check.) Although I just messed up the October Daily Challenge (really - on the last day?!?) and therefore my Day streak was wrecked just as I was approaching 90, I cannot seem to hit that one usually because of something stupid!!

Annyyyway... yes I'm still using it, even if it's not to bike I do meditations/stretching and have done running too. There are so many options, even if you're not doing a huge workout. The past couple of days I did a "Just Ride" so I could read my book lol. It was a good compromise.

Also, if you just want the screen to turn you don't need a whole new bike - there is a piece you can buy on Amazon that will make the screen swivel. I think it's around $50 (actuallyjust saw it's currently $40!) so way better than the new bike cost! It's called The Pivot for Peloton bikes.
    "Every mother needs a wife." - Amy Poehler, Yes Please

hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Hmmm, so I'm super impressed that many of you have stuck with your bike and workout routines! That's so good to hear. With winter literally coming tomorrow I need something for indoor exercise.

So with what you know and have experienced as a peloton user, if I were to buy one new, what would be your advice in which model and package in terms of features and most economically (I acknowledge these are first world problems for sure). Thanks!
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

mmsmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by hellokitty View Post
    Hmmm, so I'm super impressed that many of you have stuck with your bike and workout routines! That's so good to hear. With winter literally coming tomorrow I need something for indoor exercise.

So with what you know and have experienced as a peloton user, if I were to buy one new, what would be your advice in which model and package in terms of features and most economically (I acknowledge these are first world problems for sure). Thanks!
    The most economical is to not get the Peloton! I got the Schwinn iC4 (the same as the Bowflex) and use the Peloton app. The Schwinn is around $850 and the Peloton app for non-bike owners is $13 per month. If you have the Peloton you have to pay $39 per month for the app and that part is what I couldn’t justify. There is a Facebook group with lots of information on this set up. I ride a few days a week but I also use the app for other workouts often and for me not having the actual Peloton has not been an issue.

MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by mmsmom View Post
    The most economical is to not get the Peloton! I got the Schwinn iC4 (the same as the Bowflex) and use the Peloton app. The Schwinn is around $850 and the Peloton app for non-bike owners is $13 per month. If you have the Peloton you have to pay $39 per month for the app and that part is what I couldn’t justify. There is a Facebook group with lots of information on this set up. I ride a few days a week but I also use the app for other workouts often and for me not having the actual Peloton has not been an issue.
    I couldn't justify paying $39 per month when I could pay $13. I tried out a Peloton at a hotel once and don't think I'm missing much.

Quote Originally Posted by mmsmom View Post
    Target has really good deals on the Bowflex C7 and the Schwinn ic4 right now. I think I'm going with the Bowflex even through I know I won't use the built in screen.

Where do you keep your bikes? Do they take up a ton of space? I don't think I would want it in the main living space, so the only other place would be the master bedroom. The garage is out because we don't have much additional space with the cars in there.

Quote Originally Posted by zukeypur View Post
    Where do you keep your bikes? Do they take up a ton of space? I don't think I would want it in the main living space, so the only other place would be the master bedroom. The garage is out because we don't have much additional space with the cars in there.
    Mine is in the walk-in closet in the master bedroom. It's big and has a window and the bike fits in perfectly. When you're looking at spaces, take into account that your body will take up more room than the footprint of the bike. You need to be able to put your arms straight out on each side and all the way behind you to do stretches and weights. I thought that I was going to put the bike flush against the wall but that didn't work out at all!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast