Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    khm is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Twin Mom View Post
    I was going to post this in the bargains forum since it’s 40% off this month but I am wondering if those who have it are still using it. I’ve been cooking more since I’ve been home so much due to COVID and searching my bookmarks for a recipe is not very efficient! The iOS app is only $2.99 so I will probably get it anyway but I haven’t seen any recent posts about it so I’m wondering if people still think it’s the best option! Thanks.
    I bought it a few years ago and really like it. I have it on my iOS devices and on my Windows laptop. It is a really good app!

I almost never buy apps, but def recommend this! It just works. Copy a link of a recipe, open the app, it says "hey, we see a link is copied, want us to open in our browser?" Then you can download it with a click. Cuts out all the garbage and leaves just the app. Snags an image. Boom done.

I'd never heard of the "copy me that", so that's worth a peek too!

It’s one of my most highly recommended paid apps, I only have about 10 paid apps across my iOS devices. I use it daily!

My recipes saved there is pulled from all kind of blogs, NY times, different cooking websites and it just saves the recipe portion. I check it every week in all categories day before I go food shopping and check against what I have in freezers and pantry and just add to my Wegmans app shopping list. So time efficient now that I can plan a weeks worth of meals in 30 mins or so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Mummy to DS1-6/11 and DS2-1/14

It’s one of my favorite apps! Not only does it extract just the ingredient and instruction info so that you don’t have to deal with all the ads, it also keeps the phone from going to sleep while you’re using it. Highly recommend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JustMe is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Thanks for posting this as I had been thinking about purchasing this app. Question for android users. Is this app free? I went to look into purchasing it and could not find the price. I pressed the button to install, thinking it might display the price, and it looks like it installed.
    lucky single mom to 20 yr old dd and 17 yr old ds through 2 very different adoption routes

jent is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

So, I'm in a cooking FB group and someone posted a link to this article: https://www.thekitchn.com/3-years-la...can-buy-227204

Between that article and the FB group, in which many commenters raved about the app, I decided to buy it. So far I think it's pretty cool-- I was able to download several thanksgiving recipes and make a grocery list pretty painlessly to share with DH.
    Jen, mom to "Little Miss Tiny" 4/07

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I just it everything in Google keep but wondering if I’m missing out

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

Twin Mom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Thanks everyone. I bought the app for iOS. I hope it’s not too hard to save recipes that way since I didn’t buy the Mac version!
    Mom to b/g twins (g in college, b working)

People show themselves not by what they say but by what they do

Our happiness or our unhappiness depends far more on the way we meet the events of life than on the nature of those events themselves. -- Wilhelm von Humboldt

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I was *this* close to signup for plan to eat after so many people recommended it. I was hesitant about recurring charges though. I think with the deal it was $20 a year. I also tried to import a few of my recipes and it didn’t go well. Straight text that wasn’t properly formatted was not translated correctly. So after looking around some more I found Meal Board. So far it works SO well. Import is quick and you can scan recipes in from cookbooks also! It also translated my blog recipes easily. It only has a one time cost for backup, which I will probably go ahead with. I think $7.

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I bought this a few years ago when I first heard about it here and I still don’t use it. If there is a disability for meal planning I am pretty sure I have it. I just look up recipes on my phone when I am at the store and buy the same almost the same food staples every week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Percycat is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Does the app also allow you to type in your own recipes?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast