Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

How easy is it to share across devices? I do minimal cooking and DH does most of the cooking. Though there are certain recipes that I'm the sole cook of and vice versa (we seem to go by whomever cooks it first "owns it" and has to cook it all future times lol). I'd like to be able to have it on my phone, DHs phone, and our desktop computer. I tend to save a lot of recipes in the Facebook app (which are mostly blog links) but also get them in emails and from publications like the NY Times or Americas Test Kitchen.
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

Thanks to those posters who recommended this app. I LOVE it so far! In fact, I started off purchasing just the iPhone app, but loved it so much that I sprung for the Windows desktop version as well. (I'm on my laptop most of the time, but the iPhone version is necessary when I go shopping.)

Quote Originally Posted by wendibird22 View Post
    How easy is it to share across devices?
    It's super easy if you and your husband are on the same devices, i.e. you both have iPhones. You create an account with Paprika and use the same log in, and the app syncs across the devices. However, if one of you has an iPhone and the other has an Android, you'll have to each purchase the app separately. Same if you want to use the MacOS desktop version or the Windows desktop version. You have to pay for a separate download - and the desktop versions are pretty pricey ($30 normally, but right now they're 50% off).
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Percycat View Post
    Does the app also allow you to type in your own recipes?
    Yes, you can type in your own recipes if you want.
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

SASM is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Love that app!! I use it almost daily. I can also store recipes from NYT that seem appealing but I cannot access the recipe because I am not a recipe subscribed. The app still pulls the recipe for me to try…love that! I also have the MacBook app as well.
    Mom to:
    1 BLUE (03) and 2 PINK (05 & 07)
    ^i^ 10.01 & 12.03

Pardon my typos...blasted Auto-correct!!

khm is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by SASM View Post
    Love that app!! I use it almost daily. I can also store recipes from NYT that seem appealing but I cannot access the recipe because I am not a recipe subscribed. The app still pulls the recipe for me to try…love that! I also have the MacBook app as well.
    Wow! Great tip!

SASM is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by khm View Post
    Wow! Great tip!
    Yes!! I can do this on my iPhone. While pulling up the recipe in Safari, if it gets blocked with “try our recipe subscription…” I click on the square/up arrow icon and scroll through to select Paprika 3. Pulls everything except the description of the recipe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mom to:
    1 BLUE (03) and 2 PINK (05 & 07)
    ^i^ 10.01 & 12.03

Pardon my typos...blasted Auto-correct!!

jgenie is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by jent View Post
    So, I'm in a cooking FB group and someone posted a link to this article: https://www.thekitchn.com/3-years-la...can-buy-227204

Between that article and the FB group, in which many commenters raved about the app, I decided to buy it. So far I think it's pretty cool-- I was able to download several thanksgiving recipes and make a grocery list pretty painlessly to share with DH.
    Thank you for posting this article! I have used the Paprkia app for years but had no idea there were timers linked in recipes. Such a time saver to just hit the timer in the recipe instead of looking for a timer'

jgenie is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by SASM View Post
    Yes!! I can do this on my iPhone. While pulling up the recipe in Safari, if it gets blocked with “try our recipe subscription…” I click on the square/up arrow icon and scroll through to select Paprika 3. Pulls everything except the description of the recipe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I had no idea I could choose Paprika as an option when forwarding a page. I usually cut and paste a link. Being able to forward recipes straight to Paprika is such a time saver. Thank you for sharing!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3