Default J. McLaughlin questions

I recently discovered this store online. I have my eye on a particular piece (cotton Jamey sweater). There are brick and mortar stores in a few towns I frequent.

Questions:
    Do the B&M stores have the same merchandise as the website?
    Does the website ever have any sales? If so, when and/or how frequently?
    Do the stores tend to have more sales/discounted merchandise more frequently than the website?
    What type of discount is the common scenario?

For example, Rakuten will list a 40% off sale items, but the link leads to a “sorry, sale’s over” page. I recently got a 15% off 1st purchase offer for signing up my email address on the website.

Trying to decide whether or not I should just use the 15% off code, or if I might get lucky with an upcoming “holiday” sale or something.

Thanks!

smilequeen is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I have a store less than a mile from me but I haven’t ever been in. I am curious though, so I will follow this…
    Mama to my boys (04,07,11)

I have no real answers to my questions, but the sweater I wanted went on sale today. Reg. price: $148.00, sale price: $89.90.

So, I went ahead and purchased the item I wanted. I paid $9 something for shipping. I could have spent $60 more and gotten free shipping. I did get 5% cash back via Rakuten.

FYI

I can now provide even more information. The item arrived in a couple of days. The delivery driver would only hand it to me. I’m not sure if that’s company policy, or if it was a conscientious driver. I had to return the item and did so to a local store. It was an easy return. I was put on a store contact list and will get a discount for my birthday. The store representative said that stores can sometimes have items listed as “sold out” online. The various stores network with each other and can move in store inventory around. You can also call the local store for an item and have it shipped to you.

ETA: They are having a sale right now and are expecting further discounts in January. My birthday is in January and the store representative said that I could use my birthday discount on sale items. I have my eye on another piece. She said she will contact me around my birthday to let me know if t is still available in my size and what the new sale price will be.
    Last edited by Peaches Keane; 12-01-2021 at 05:12 PM.