Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    niccig is online now Clean Sweep forum moderator

Default Snacks and drinks for teens

7-9 x 16 year olds will be over tomorrow about 6:30. We will order pizza. What snacks and drinks would you suggest? DS didn’t have many ideas. How many pizzas would you get? Do I need ice cream or something for dessert? They’re hanging out for video games and a movie. This is a new group of friends for DS and I’d like to be welcoming so this is the house they hang out at. Help!

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    Last edited by niccig; 11-23-2021 at 03:05 AM.

pharmjenn is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by niccig View Post
    7-9 x 16 year olds will be over tomorrow about 6:30. We will order pizza. What snacks and drinks would you suggest? DS didn’t have many ideas. How many pizzas would you get? Do I need ice cream or something for dessert? They’re hanging out for video games and a movie. This is a new group of friends for DS and I’d like to be welcoming so this is the house they hang out at. Help!

Sodas, flavored waters and plain water plus popcorn and chips for the movie. Maybe some candy, like halloween size chocolates to snack on. I wouldn't worry about a dessert.
    You probably need at least 3 slices per person, so 27 slices which is probably 3 pizzas minimum.
    mom to Billy 12/07

ahisma is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Make sure to have an uncarbonated option too - there always seems to be a kid or two who doesn't like carbonation. If you want do to dessert, ice cream sandwiches are easy and seem to go over well.

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default Snacks and drinks for teens

Ds1 and his friends are super health conscious and don't snack or drink their calories. They like sparkling water way more than soda in his main friend group. No one drinks diet or artificial sweetener. The other friend group showed up last time with 2 cases of soda. So, who knows. Have a mix of drinks on hand including just a pitcher of ice water.
    I like to bake and my homemade brownies or cookies are always a hit (I make them little so the healthy eaters can take a nibble sized portion).
    A bag of clementines is an easy thing to put out too.
    Last edited by SnuggleBuggles; 11-23-2021 at 11:54 AM.

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Whenever ds's friends come over they do potluck. But the bags of stuff the kids bring look like stuff they picked up at a gas station. Usually some type of potato chips. When i throw pool parties for them the snacks that go quickest are the tortilla chips and salsa. Those bowls are always emptied. Grapes are an easy snack food too. I agree with the ice cream sandwich option. They always seem to go over well.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Percycat is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

My DS crew likes gatorade and powerade....

smilequeen is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

What goes around here when boys are over…for drinks I have the low sugar Gatorade, propel water, sparkling ice, for soda they will grab the diet 7up/Sprite zero/Coke Zero.

Probably at least one more pizza than you think with teen boys.
    Mama to my boys (04,07,11)

Here, I'd buy:
    Snacks - pizza, chips, doritos, gold fish/cheezits, Oreos, fruit option, and homemade cookies if I have time. The homemade cookies always go fast but aren't necessary.
    Drinks - Gatorade, Propel, water, maybe soda and we always have flavored sparkling water in the house
    Mom to Two Wild and Crazy Boys and One Sweet Baby Girl

elbenn is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

This is what I would do:

Snacks-Doritos, Popcorn, Pirates Booty or Goldfish and then I often have a bowl of gummy bears and M&M's so they can make a bowl of "trail mix" snacks
    Drinks-Gatorade, Water, and sometimes root beer or Icee's

niccig is online now Clean Sweep forum moderator

Thanks everyone. DS is the kid that doesn’t drink carbonated drinks, he drinks water or juice, so think he doesn’t pay attention to what the other kids drink. I’ll get a range of drinks and snacks as you suggest. Good idea on the ice cream sandwiches or cookies/brownies. I’ll ask DS what he prefers.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast