My middle DS had a HORRIBLE coach for a sport he loved 4 years ago. The coach was very kind to him, until DS wanted to play two sports. One sport (horrible coach) was year round and DS decided to juggle both. DS was 11 at the time. The coach would literally not speak to DS when he would greet the coach at practices and games, stopped developing him, had a secret tryout he didn’t tell DS about and DS dropped the sport after the secret tryout for the new season. The coach openly and harshly criticized the second sport.

We were on the virtual meeting for the parent meeting of the second sport tonight for my oldest son and the horrible, no good, very bad coach is on the meeting. His son transferred to the school and made the junior team. Luckily his son and my son don’t play on the same level team, but I am not looking forward to seeing him around all season. Ironically, we’ve run into several parents throughout the years from first sport who told us we were so smart to get out and he completely ran the team into the ground. They didn’t believe at the time he could really be as bad as he was treating our son.