firstbaby is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Of course our paths cross again...

My middle DS had a HORRIBLE coach for a sport he loved 4 years ago. The coach was very kind to him, until DS wanted to play two sports. One sport (horrible coach) was year round and DS decided to juggle both. DS was 11 at the time. The coach would literally not speak to DS when he would greet the coach at practices and games, stopped developing him, had a secret tryout he didn’t tell DS about and DS dropped the sport after the secret tryout for the new season. The coach openly and harshly criticized the second sport.

We were on the virtual meeting for the parent meeting of the second sport tonight for my oldest son and the horrible, no good, very bad coach is on the meeting. His son transferred to the school and made the junior team. Luckily his son and my son don’t play on the same level team, but I am not looking forward to seeing him around all season. Ironically, we’ve run into several parents throughout the years from first sport who told us we were so smart to get out and he completely ran the team into the ground. They didn’t believe at the time he could really be as bad as he was treating our son.

KpbS is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Wow! What a miserable person. I’m glad things worked out for your DS.
    K

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

That sucks. But, now that he isn’t in a position of power, you can let him have it one day. It’ll be cathartic.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

hbridge is online now Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I am sorry you have to deal with him again. Will your DS be okay? Definitely make sure he knows he may see his old coach.

Our DC was mistreated by a teacher in middle school. We pulled the child from the school once we realized just how bad it was. It took a few schools, but DC is settled and recovering. However, we know the teacher still lives in town. DH has run into her. DC will not do well with an unexpected face to face meeting. If we were in a situation where I thought this teacher would be, I would make sure DC knew it was possible and follow their lead on how to handle the situation. Our case is extreme, but you don’t want the presence of this adult to affect Your sons game or mental health.