Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by essnce629 View Post
    My first thought was a reaction to pain meds. I hope they figure it out and she improves quickly.
    That was my thought as well - my friend's mom had a similar kind of mental break after being given certain medications (pain and I think a sedative) that have caused this kind of reaction before.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

newnana is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Hang in there! This definitely happened to my dad when he had major surgery in his 70's. He was sure there were helicopters in the hallway and we were intentionally keeping him from "important meetings" along with a whole host of other paranoia. He was back to himself in about a week and a few years later, has no memory of any of this. To be fair, he owns his own business and really does still have meetings, just not while recovering from major surgery. He'll never retire, he enjoys it too much. P&PT to you and your loved ones!

Thinking about you and your family bisous - I hope your mother is ok and improving from her surgery, what a frightening experience!
    ~ Dawn
    Our little monkey (4/2011) & his early holiday present 12/12

mommy111 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

That’s me on anxiolytics. I think you’re imprisoning me and have pulled out IVs. This happened in my late 30s. So if your mom was OK a few days ago, this will go away once the med that’s causing this goes away
    '...everything can be taken from a man but one thing, the Last of the Human Freedoms, the ability to choose one's behavior in any set of circumstances, the Freedom to Choose One's Own Way.' -Viktor Frankle

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Chart

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2