ang79 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Happy Thanksgiving!

Wherever you are and whoever you are celebrating with, I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving today and this weekend.

Our plans have gotten rearranged due to sickness (MIL with a bad cold and DH with something - no rapid testing available in my area for Covid so we are waiting g on results for that and flu testing). But I was able to place a last minute order yesterday to pick up Heat and Serve Thanksgiving from Cracker Barrel so the girls are happy to have that and be watching the parade and dog show. After some busy weeks at work I am appreciating some down time to just relax!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Happy Thanksgiving to the best group of ladies on the internet!! Wishing health and happiness to all. So very grateful for the help, guidance and laughter through the years. Each and every one of you is needed and wanted including those reading but no longer posting.
    Last edited by jgenie; 11-25-2021 at 01:38 PM.

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone here! Thank you for all the help you have given over the past 18 years. It has changed the lives of everyone in my family. I’m so grateful for this wonderful board. I wish you all a happy and healthy Thanksgiving weekend.

As soon as Dh gets back from his office/mancave we will be eating Thanksgiving lunch. He bought all of it from a local caterer. I’m thrilled that I didn’t have to do any of it. Ds1 is baking our pumpkin pie as I type. Then we are putting up the tree and watching a movie. My kids don’t want the usual Christmas cookie junk around the house anymore so we aren’t baking cookies or fudge like we normally do. It’s probably best that it’s a quiet day today since DS2 has a fever of 100 for the 4th day in a row (negative for strep and Covid19 so I don’t know what he’s got).
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Happy Thanksgiving!

We have reservations for a late lunch this afternoon. We normally go to my parents’ house, but they are at my brother’s. He invited us, but it’s a five-hour drive. We did a lot of traveling back in the spring and summer for DS’ AAU team and other trips, so DH requested that we stay home. My parents are stopping on the way back home tomorrow and will be here two days, so that will be super nice.

As for the rest of the day, I picked up a frozen lasagna and salad for dinner because I imagine we will probably get hungry later tonight. I also plan to switch out my indoor fall decor with Christmas items. I don’t put up a lot so it will probably take a couple of hours at the most. We’ll get our tree either Saturday or Sunday.
    Last edited by carolinacool; 11-25-2021 at 01:08 PM.
    DS: Raising heck since 12/09

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Happy Thanksgiving!

DD, DH, and I had breakfast with the ILs so everyone could watch the parade together ... and so I could help with getting the turkey into the oven. (I spent a couple hours there last night making the brine for the turkey & making sure the bird was in the best position for full-brine contact.) I've also prepped baked macaroni & cheese and bourbon-bacon sweet potatoes to bring with us later. I baked & peeled the sweet potatoes yesterday and DD helped mash & mix them at 7:30 this morning.

We'll head over around 3pm to have light appetizers & dinner.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

doberbrat is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Happy Thanksgiving! I hope that everyone had a restful, healthy day and that everyone who wanted to was able to celebrate in some way.

I'm thankful for my BB friends.
    dd1 10/05
    dd2 11/09
    and ... a mini poodle!

KpbS is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Happy Thanksgiving, ladies!

I’m thankful for y’all. We had a lovely day with my mom and brother with us. I cooked like crazy because I like to go all out for Thanksgiving.

A friend of ours passed away this week and life is feeling short and like it is moving very fast. Make the most of the days you have with the ones you love. (((Hugs)))
    Last edited by KpbS; 11-26-2021 at 01:37 AM.
    K

A belated Happy Thanksgiving to all the wonderful BBB families! We enjoyed a great day, starting with a morning of watching the parade while prepping food and drinking coffee and ending at my parents' house for turkey, sides and pie. I'm so grateful we were able to celebrate together this year. Wishing everyone peace and health this season.
    Mom to Two Wild and Crazy Boys and One Sweet Baby Girl

jent is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

A belated Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!!

Yesterday we had a lovely day-- my sister & her family and my in-laws came to our house for dinner. I posted about my troubles with spatchcocked turkey in the other thread, but really, that was such a small part of an otherwise fantastic day. So grateful to be able to see people in person again, after celebrating over Zoom last year.

Hope everyone had a peaceful, happy day!
    Jen, mom to "Little Miss Tiny" 4/07