Default Winter boot help for rapidly growing almost teen boy

DS1 is 12 and his feet are about 1/2 a size smaller than mine (I’m 8.5). But he’s still very short (4’9”). He needs winter boots. We are in Iowa, so cold and snowy. DD is finished growing and she wears size 9. So I was thinking of purchasing boots for him to wear this year but DD or I could wear in the future. Obviously he will outgrow the boots by next winter. So basic black boots that look gender neutral in a ladies 9. Are bogs my best option? How do they run? Any other ideas? We don’t want anything that ties.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by georgiegirl View Post
    DS1 is 12 and his feet are about 1/2 a size smaller than mine (I’m 8.5). But he’s still very short (4’9”). He needs winter boots. We are in Iowa, so cold and snowy. DD is finished growing and she wears size 9. So I was thinking of purchasing boots for him to wear this year but DD or I could wear in the future. Obviously he will outgrow the boots by next winter. So basic black boots that look gender neutral in a ladies 9. Are bogs my best option? How do they run? Any other ideas? We don’t want anything that ties.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    We don’t do anything that requires tying here either. We are in Wisconsin and almost always do Lands End boots for the kids. Actually, my dd has taken her brother’s hand-me-down boots and it it works out just fine. These are the ones my twins (who just turned 14yo) have and like: https://www.landsend.com/products/ki...ttributes=8063
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

infocrazy is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Target has 50% off boots today
    Jen

DS in X-Small 7/12, Medium 5/07, and Large 7/05, one DD 3/10, and our DS 4/09 watching over us.

I would just pay attention to width. It sounds like he’s a 6 boys which is the same as 6 men’s or 8 women’s? I don’t know at what age width varies between shoes (both my kids have very narrow feet) but I do know a normal men’s width is a wide women’s width (both D). Anyway, if you are planning to pass onto your DD make sure the width will work for both kids.
    momma to DD 12/08 & DS 3/13

KpbS is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by infocrazy View Post
    Target has 50% off boots today
    Thanks for this. I just ordered a couple of pairs. My people have big adult sized feet now.
    K

Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Check out TNF.

https://www.backcountry.com/the-nort...oaAl7MEALw_wcB

These run small. I think an 8 mens would be a nice compromise.

Merrell has great tie ones - you can capitalize on the hiking boot trend.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains