Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    ang79 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Have you all gotten your booster shots yet?

This came up at our late family Thanksgiving today. DH and I’ll had our second Moderna shot on May 7. So almost to the 7 month mark. Cases are rising here but we don’t go many places, as we both work from home. I still mask in stores and church, he does not. He is also going on a church retreat the weekend of Dec. 10, And we are traveling to see family and attend an outdoor Christmas festival next weekend. We are staying in a rental and will just Bedouin g short visits wit various family members, though not all are vaccinated. I’m starting to think maybe we should both go get our booster this week, but I don’t want to worry about bad side effects during the work week (we both felt miserable for 2-3 days after our second shots). He is also recovering from a mystery illness (tested negative for Covid) of fever, headache, chills, sweats, aches, etc. also unsure if we should stick with Moderna or try Pfizer for the booster. Just curious if many have gotten their booster yet and how bad side effects were (especially if you had bad side effects after the first 2 shots)?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

DH & I both got our boosters at the six month mark almost to the day. I didn't have a reaction to the first or second Pfizer shot. I felt tired and run down with the third on the day after. Napped for several hours then back to normal. DH didn't mention any side affects. He got his booster on a Monday afternoon and worked regular schedule the remainder of the week. If I'm not mistaken he actually had a business trip that week as well. DH didn't have a reaction to either of his intiial Pfizer doses. DS2 got his second shot today. Woohoo!! We are still masking in public and avoiding crowds. DS1 is our most vulnerable since his second shot was early June and he's not eligible for a booster yet.
    Last edited by jgenie; 11-27-2021 at 10:49 PM.

ang79 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by jgenie View Post
    DH & I both got our boosters at the six month mark almost to the day. I didn't have a reaction to the first or second Pfizer shot. I felt tired and run down with the third on the day after. Napped for several hours then back to normal. DH didn't mention any side affects. He got his booster on a Monday afternoon and worked regular schedule the remainder of the week. If I'm not mistaken he actually had a business trip that week as well. DH didn't have a reaction to either of his intiial Pfizer doses. DS2 got his second shot today. Woohoo!! We are still masking in public and avoiding crowds. DS1 is our most vulnerable since his second shot was early June and he's not eligible for a booster yet.
    My girls got their shots beginning of June too. Our school is currently masking but the governor’s mandate is set to end Dec. 4 unless there is another appeal to a higher court. It seems crazy to me to end the mandate between holidays when people will be traveling. Especially with this new variant now showing up in several countries.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would most definitely get a booster. Probably Moderna in your case.

We got boosted once it was available, 6 no for my, 9 mo for DH (he got his shot the first week it was available).
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

NCGrandma is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

One of the disadvantages of being old and thus able to get the first 2 (Moderna) doses so early (January and February) is the much longer interval before boosters were available. We got Moderna boosters in early November, just a week short of 9 months after dose 2. Fewer side effects with the booster than the previous doses (maybe because the Moderna booster is a lower dose?)

At my CCRC, we’re all still masking for all indoor activities (except in the dining room while actually eating), and many of us are also masking outdoors. However, a number of our vaxx’ed and boostered neighbors are traveling over T'giving. Even though it should be fine, I’m a bit concerned about seeing them when they return.

Sent from my iPad using Baby Bargains

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

We are heading out of town mid-week next week and we might go for our boosters on Monday. Dh got his booster a while back so just ds2 and I would be going. Ds1 should be scheduling his too.

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    We are heading out of town mid-week next week and we might go for our boosters on Monday. Dh got his booster a while back so just ds2 and I would be going. Ds1 should be scheduling his too.
    Can kids get boosters? I need to look up who can and when.

None of us got a booster yet but I plan to this week if possible. I am 8 months out. DH is a week behind me.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    Kris

niccig is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

I got the booster the first day it was available. I had my 2nd shot in January. I had Pfizer and had a sore arm. DH was knocked low by Moderna shots and by the booster too.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

robinsmommy is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

We did on Wednesday. Moderna. My first two doses hit me hard (headaches for several days and a couple icky days at the front end) this one was easier - I had one icky day the day after, the second day and today I felt normal with ibuprofen aside from a mildly sore arm.

DH had one day of a bit of fatigue and a really sore arm, and then was pretty much fine.

I attribute much of the sore arm to the person giving the shots. She was pretty stabby with the needle. Won't go back there for any other shots!

I work in healthcare and there were 2 booster clinics at work so I jumped in to get mine. From my small sample. people are saying they had about half the reaction that they had to the second shot. More sore arms though. My kids will get theirs over Xmas break so that taking a lazy day or two won't be a problem.
    Mom to:
    DS '02
    DS '05
    Percy--the wild furry child!!! 2022----
    Simon--the first King Charles cutie 2009-2022
    RIP Andy, the furry first child, 1996-2012

"The task of any religion is not to tell us who we are entitled to hate but to teach us who we are required to love."

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast