Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    PunkyBoo is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Had my booster (Pfizer for all 3) last Friday. I'm still WAH but want peace of mind being around all the grandparents and family for the coming holidays. I drank a big bottle of water with liquid IV immediately after the air and tried to use that arm as much as possible. The arm was sore the next day so I put arnica gel on it and took a regular strength Tylenol then it felt fine and I had no other ill effects.
    DH needs to get his still, he works OOH but has been busy so hasn't scheduled it yet.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Mama to DS1 Punkin (2/04) and DS2 Boo (1/09)

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Boostered 2 weeks ago, stayed well-hydrated thanks to tips here, and kept up ibuprofen for arm soreness for 2 days. Went to bed early, but carried on normally for the most part. DH hydrated well and felt nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ncat is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I got mine on Wednesday - Moderna (after initial Pfizer vaccine). My arm is still a little sore. I've been tired, but that could be due to just about anything - so much stress for the last several months.

I am more than a little anxious about our household getting COVID since only DD and I are vaccinated.
    ncat
    mama to DD 12/04, DS1 11/08, and DS2 7/13

I was hesitant to get my booster because my non-dominant arm is still hurting from my initial dose in April, but I decided to go ahead and get it (unlikely that my dominant arm would be taken out too because what I understand my issue is a needle injury). Part of it was I wanted to get the flu mist but there’s no where here to get it so I decided to just go ahead and take the (very small) risk of getting my flu shot and covid booster together. My arm was super achy but that’s a common thing with the flu shot and it took about two days for it to hurt less than my other arm. I had a mild/moderate headache for about 36 hours. That was it. Pfizer initial/Pfizer booster.

DH had his booster yesterday morning. He said he was feeling “meh” when he woke up this morning and he was slower to get out of bed, but otherwise he’s seemed okay today. He got Moderna initial/Moderna booster. I think we would have both liked to mix and match but there’s a lot of booster mania around here and that’s just how the appointments worked out.
    momma to DD 12/08 & DS 3/13

marinkitty is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

DH, DD(18) and I all got ours a few weeks ago (we were almost 7 months out from our second shots) - all Moderna 1/2 dose boosters (all Moderna primary series). DH and DD had no side effects other than a sore arm for a couple of days. I had a slight headache about 16 hours later and took a nap and then was fine. DH and I both got our flu shots at the same time, same arm. I was fine after my first shot but in bed for 24 hours with flu like symptoms after my second, other than the sore arm which I've had all three times.

Will booster DS1 and DS2 as soon as under 18 are approved - DS1 is at 7 months now and DS2 is coming up on 6 months next week.

MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

DH and I both got boostered with Pfizer about a month ago. Pfizer for all doses. I had a pretty rough time with second dose for about 36 hours. I could function if need be, but preferred to lay on the couch and do nothing. Booster wasn't as bad. Slight aches and tiredness but nothing big at all. DH felt fine with all three.

My friend just got her Moderna booster (she had Moderna all three times) and it hit her about 24 hours in. She had swollen lymph nodes this time and felt yucky. She also felt yucky with her second dose, but did not have swollen lymph nodes.

If I could booster DS1 (13) I would. He's 6 months out next week and it's going wild here.
    Last edited by MSWR0319; 11-28-2021 at 10:16 PM.

ArizonaGirl is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by MSWR0319 View Post
    DH and I both got bolstered with Pfizer about a month ago. Pfizer for all doses. I had a pretty rough time with second dose for about 36 hours. I could function if need be, but preferred to lay o the couch and do nothing. Booster wasn't as bad. Slight aches and tiredness but nothing big at all. DH felt fine with all three.

My friend just got her Moderna booster (she had Moderna all three times) and it hit her about 24 hours in. She had swollen lymph nodes this time and felt yucky. She also felt yucky with her second dose, but did not have swiller lymph nodes.

If I could booster DS1 (13) I would. He's 6 months out next week and it's going wild here.
    This is us almost exactly.

Both DH and I got our boosters (Pfizer) as soon as our was approved as we were both over 6 months out. I felt crappy after #2 and had swollen lymph nodesafter #3, and DH felt fine after both.

DS is almost 6 months out and I wish I could get himboosters as it is running wild here.

DD gets her second dose on Friday!

Really wish I could get DS boosted tho...
    Lindsey

Married to DH June 2005 gave birth to Shawn December 2008 and Lilian August 2012

I got my booster earlier this month (all Pfizer). I ended up having a slight fever and some chills. Overall it was better than my reaction to my first shot but worse than a reaction to the second shot. DH is scheduled to get his flu and his booster tomorrow. He had Pfizer the first round but is switching to Moderna for the booster. He didn’t have any reaction for the first two shots outside of a sore arm.

DS is scheduled to get his second Pfizer shot next weekend. I pushed it out a day past his birthday so he’ll get the larger dosage. i’m hopeful that he’ll do OK. I’ve heard that a lot of kids seem to have a reaction after the second shot and I’m concerned since this one will be the higher dosage as well. But I think in the long run it’s probably the better decision
    DS: Raising heck since 12/09

I got my booster about a month or so ago. I felt sluggish and achy after the booster but it was less so than my second shot. My arm was the most sore after my booster. All three of mine were Pfizer. DH got a Moderna booster after initially getting the J&J vaccine. I didn't feel there was any reason to skip the booster, especially since it's so easy to schedule and pop into CVS for a quick jab. We want our kids to be in school, activities and socialize so having the most protection possible seems the smartest right now. I wish boosters were approved for under 18 since my boys will be coming up on 6 months soon.
    Mom to Two Wild and Crazy Boys and One Sweet Baby Girl

KpbS is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

DH and I need to get ours. We stood in line for an hour and a half a a visitation today. We both wore masks but very few others did. I’ve been wondering if we should stick with Pfizer or go with Moderna. I’m a little scared of Moderna truth be told and I’ve been mulling it over in my mind what we should do.

DS1 is 8 mo out, DS2 is 5 mo out, and DD gets her second dose Wed.

I’m nervous about Omicron.
    K

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast