Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Dh got his booster at about the 5 month mark. He was sick from the booster. He had bad body aches and flu-like symptoms for 2 days. He had supported the initial 2 vaccinations find so we were surprised at his reaction. All 3 of his shots were Pfizer.

I got my booster about 10 days ago. I got it on the same day as my flu shot which was super convenient and there was no line (yay!) but I felt like crap afterwards for a day. And my arms and shoulders were so sore. I had received the Pfizer vaccination initially but opted for the Moderna booster.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by KrisM View Post
    Can kids get boosters? I need to look up who can and when.

None of us got a booster yet but I plan to this week if possible. I am 8 months out. DH is a week behind me.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    Ages 18 and older can get boosters.
    https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...ster-shot.html
    Mommy to 2 DS's (2003 and 2007)

I had Pfizer in Dec/Jan, got the booster in Oct. (not before that because we were really sick but not covid for a few weeks, and then by the time we were well they were talking about mixing vaccine brands so I waited that out, and also I wanted to hold off a bit to give breastfeeding DD a little more protection through this winter.) Anyway Moderna in Oct. No issues, just a sore arm. My mom had 2 moderna and a moderna booster and was really sick after her second moderna dose. She didn't really have much issue with the booster though, maybe a little achy.
    Angie

Mom to
    DD- 9/09-9/09
    DS- 2011 DS2- 2012 DS3- 2015 DD-2019

hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I got my second Moderna shot in March and was so sick with both shots, got COVID arm too. I just got my booster two Fridays ago, but got pfizer this time thinking maybe I would have a less of a reaction. I still felt like crap, headache, fatigue and sore arm, but only for about a day and a half.

My 17 year old had his series done in May, he turns 18 in February and I am having him get his booster. I may have him get Moderna thought since he got pfizer for his first series.
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

hbridge is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

DH and I got J&J originally and Moderna boosters as soon as they were approved. DC got the Phizer booster at exactly the 6 month mark at the instruction of the pediatrician (they were newly 18). Very few side effects to the boosters in this house. I react to everything so that was a surprise…

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by ett View Post
    Ages 18 and older can get boosters.
    https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...ster-shot.html
    Thanks! I lost track of who was eligible. Ds2 will go when the younger teens are s e then and I’ll actually pay more attention

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

scrooks is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I got my moderna booster yesterday. So far just a sore arm!
    DD 7/07
    DS1 9/09
    DS2 7/13

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Isn’t the Moderna booster a smaller dose than the Pfizer one? I’ve heard from friends that their Moderna reaction to the booster was minimal but ones who got Pfizer had reactions more like they did to the initial shot. Any merit to that line of thought?

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

acmom is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

DH and I both got our Moderna boosters a couple weeks ago - we were about 8 months post 2nd dose. No significant side effects for either of us, besides a sore arm and maybe a little fatigue? We both had initial Moderna shots too.

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Yes, as soon as it was available for people with higher risk at the end of September. Pfizer primary, Pfizer booster. This was before mixing was an option. I would have been ok with getting either Pfizer or Moderna as a booster (at first I was a little bummed I didn't wait to get Moderna, but then learned that the Moderna booster dose was half that in the study showing the great booster response). The next time I need a booster, I may go for Moderna because I do think mixing makes good theoretical sense...and if Omicron becomes an issues...yikes.

I had all the same side effects as I did with my 2nd Pfizer, (hit by bus!) but about half as intense

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast