acmom is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default Higher quality mask for small faces

With cases rising (plus the new variant) and DD (13) coming up on 6 months since her 2nd dose, I am looking for a higher quality mask for her to wear in high risk situations. She currently wears adult disposables, but is picky about brand bc she doesn't like any that "smell weird" or that are really scratchy. She seems to be between adult and youth sizes. She wears the adult but ties the ear loops.

I have some youth KF94s (GoodDay I think?) that I wear but she is not a fan. Any other suggestions of better masks (like KN95, KF94, etc) that might fit a smaller face well??

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I have a small face and wear the Blue masks when I need a disposable.

https://behealthyusa.net/products/sp...-free-shipping

kali is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

DD just outgrew the kids’ KN94 mask she’d been wearing since the start of the pandemic. (How sad is it that this has been going on long enough for kids to outgrow their masks!)

Anyway, she moved into Powecom kids’ masks which seems to be a good in-between size: https://bonafidemasks.com/face-masks...or-face-masks/.

I’ve been wearing their adult sized masks for over a year and find them comfortable. The Mask Guy rates them highly, as long as you buy them from Bonafidemasks.

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by kali View Post
    DD just outgrew the kids’ KN94 mask she’d been wearing since the start of the pandemic. (How sad is it that this has been going on long enough for kids to outgrow their masks!)

Anyway, she moved into Powecom kids’ masks which seems to be a good in-between size: https://bonafidemasks.com/face-masks...or-face-masks/.

I’ve been wearing their adult sized masks for over a year and find them comfortable. The Mask Guy rates them highly, as long as you buy them from Bonafidemasks.
    I can vouch for these as well. I ordered the kids size to try for my kids, and they fit my 13yos. I can even wear the kids size in a pinch, and I have a smaller adult face. The adult size also fits my 13yos well, so maybe buy both sizes to try to see which is most comfortable. My DD1 prefers the adult Powecom, and my DD1 hates disposables of any kind and prefers cloth, so she wears Athleta adult with a level 2 surgical mask as a filter (which required a bit of hacking because Athleta pleated masks do NOT come with filter pockets).

Nobody liked the KF94s (different brands) that I ordered from BeHealthyUSA. I did like and found Dr Puri to be very comfortable - it's very soft - but agree with my kids that the KF94 boat style masks are just a little too fiddly for frequent putting on/taking off.

acmom is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Thanks! I'll try both the adult and kid sizes of that Powecom. If the kids don't fit DD (13), they would probably work for DS (11) or DD (5).

Quote Originally Posted by acmom View Post
    Thanks! I'll try both the adult and kid sizes of that Powecom. If the kids don't fit DD (13), they would probably work for DS (11) or DD (5).
    If you end up needing something different, the Dr. Puri KF94 size mediums are very soft and a great in between size.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17