Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default Work holiday gifting thread!

My small group is doing a secret Santa gift exchange. Spending limit is $25. I need ideas for MYSELF because we each have to make a wish list. Help!!! Also opening this up to anyone who needs gift ideas at work. Think "things you would not be embarrassed to give your boss or receive from your boss"

Is there a particular website you like where you could narrow by price?

Example: my siblings used to do this type of exchange. I was into beauty and personal care products at the time and would scroll through drugstore/beauty dot com (no longer in existence) and explore items within that price range. Some e-commerce sites offer this type of searching, some do not.

Quote Originally Posted by Peaches Keane View Post
    Is there a particular website you like where you could narrow by price?

Example: my siblings used to do this type of exchange. I was into beauty and personal care products at the time and would scroll through drugstore/beauty dot com (no longer in existence) and explore items within that price range. Some e-commerce sites offer this type of searching, some do not.
    Gifts can be from literally anywhere, but I think most will use Amazon since it's easy to create a wish list that way. I'm open to anywhere that offers free shipping. And open to anything I wouldn't be embarrassed to get from my boss (this probably includes most beauty items for me, unfortunately!).

I was thinking more along the lines of whatever your interests are: bookstore or whatever.

If you just want random ideas, I think the Uncommon Goods has some really interesting items this year (I usually just browse in order to spark some gift giving ideas. This year, I actually purchased.). I’ve never really done more that a brief glance at the grommets website, but I’ve heard it’s similar for getting gift-giving ideas.

If it were me, I might request:
    a book
    Paper products (calendar, journal, etc.)
    Maybe something craft related (think Michael’s, Hobby Lobby)
    Food or beverage things

gamma is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

A set of flavored olive oil or vinegar is something nice to have on hand.

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Target has a little gift section over by their cards. It’s not big but it has some interesting things. You can find some of it on the Target website if you search for office gifts.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

firstbaby is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

The woman who wrote Beautiful Boards has a new book out - maybe one of those if you like entertaining?

Coffee Run wallet from Athleta

Fun scarf or mittens

Reading light to read in bed at night if you’re a reader

Gift card to favorite coffee shop

Journal / moleskine notebook

California is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

My boss got me in our work gift exchange last year. From my wish list she picked a gift card to a locally owned, small business brewery. We did teacher happy hours there. She liked supporting a small business, and I used it the next time we went- win for everyone!

Thanks for these ideas! I added a travel journal and pilot pens (love pilot pens!), a portable battery, a book a friend recommended, an Illume candle to try (recommended on another thread), a yoga mat (which I don't have!), a yeti mug (the 10 oz version with handle that's $24.99...I have the 14 oz version and absolutely LOVE it but the 10oz comes with a mag slider lid while the 14 comes with a regular lid), olive oil mister, fun piping tips. I'll add a few more little things if I can think of more.
    Last edited by twowhat?; 11-27-2021 at 11:36 AM.

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

your work is female-dominated, right? i wouldn't be embarrassed about asking for makeup/beauty items. i would take the opportunity to put a link to small gift set from sephora or glossier (Glossier probably out of the $25 range though).

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast