Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I had some mild fever and headaches about a month ago and didn’t test. I just slept a ton and felt better the next day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Globetrotter is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by o_mom View Post
    We just used one over the weekend (negative) - the instructions make it sound so much harder than it is!
    agree! It’s pretty straight forward but looks a bit daunting at first
    "Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, "What? You, too? I thought I was the only one." C.S. Lewis

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by georgiegirl View Post
    Rapid test at home for any cold symptoms (sore throat, runny nose). I’ll do a PCR test in addition for a fever or cough.
    I’d do the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

bisous is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Any cold symptoms mean any of my four kids need to stay home from school until they have a negative PCR test. It is very hard, I won't lie, but I'm happy particularly happy that they're very strict at the elementary school. There has been very little spread there and I'm SO grateful. They get their second shot this week and then I'll worry less. We're rule followers and we want to be respectful of the rules. I was worried at the beginning of school when DS2 (particularly) missed 4 of ten school days for symptoms and testing! Thankfully that has calmed way down. And they have not caught anything since! I guess masks work!

Globetrotter is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by chlobo View Post
    Just a heads up on the Binax from Walmart. The ones we got had a very short expiration date. So keep an eye on that.
    I would hope that the control blue line would only work if the test was functional. They say to disregard the results if the control doesn’t turn blue.
    "Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, "What? You, too? I thought I was the only one." C.S. Lewis

MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by chlobo View Post
    Just a heads up on the Binax from Walmart. The ones we got had a very short expiration date. So keep an eye on that.
    Thanks for the heads up! Ours have all been good so far, but I did forget to check the last set we got.

We test the kids with PCR because that's what the school requires, and DH and I just do Binax Now if we have symptoms, just to make sure we are negative. My antibody level is extremely high, and DH got a booster last week, so I presume his are high as well. I have to do a "sick visit" with Moderna if I have any symptoms at all, and they do a BioFire for every visit (which is fine with me, because I want to know what I have if I don't have COVID, and I don't have to foot the bill)

marinkitty is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

We have to have a negative PCR to come back to school if out sick with any Covid-possible symptoms, so DS1 has tested twice this fall (negative both times, once was Group C strep and once was some other random crud with a cough) and DS2 has tested once (negative, just a cold I think). DH and I have had to test a couple of times for travel. DD has had mandatory testing 2 or 3 times this fall at college (she had to test today as they are requiring all students to test today because of Thanksgiving break). We have only used the Binox tests when re-entering the US and those are the internet monitored ones as the purely at homes don't qualify for border control. I haven't been tempted to buy any because our schools require PCR and we have a lab with easy access and less than 24-hour turn around so if I get them in early in the day we usually have a result by dinner time.

flashy09 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I just got a positive test today. No fever. Slight stuffy nose and "blah" feeling. Ugh.
    DD1 9 yrs old 12/2011
    DD2 7 yrs old 01/2014

LD92599 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We just had our first experience with this today! Called school to report the absence to which they ask the reason. Sore Throat. Any siblings in the district. Nope. Student requires a negative covid test and a Drs note in order to return to school.

$30 later....negative covid test results, negative strep throat and he's cleared to go back tomorrow.

In our town at least, if a student presents even ONE possible symptom (which is pretty much everything under the sun), it's a required Dr visit and test. Fortunately, It was reassuring to learn that our pediatrician does the rapid and PCR right in the office. Longest appointment and waiting EVER.....nearly 90 minutes if not longer. And hour waiting in the car just to walk into the back door of the peds office.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3