Default Another Peloton question - Bike vs. Bike+

We're not a big "work out" family, but strongly considering getting a Peloton today - question is: Bike or Bike+. I don't anticipate doing many, if any, non-bike based Peloton workouts and it will be in a room with a large TV.

Convince me why to go one way or the other!

Thanks so much!

LD92599 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I have the bike. Since there's quite a bit of cost difference now between the two, and you're not planning to do any non-bike based Pelo workouts, get the bike. The bike + though, adds the swivel screen, the auto resistance, better sound (but I use AirPods most of the time), etc.

If you don't already have a referral code from someone, feel free to use mine, though w/ the Black Friday sale I don't believe you'll get the additional $100 off but I still get the reward credit (shameless plug!). Code: 7E33S9

I've been riding w/ Peloton for several years, first w/ non Pelo bike and then upgraded. I"m planning to go to one of the nJ stores tonight to look at the tread. Follow me: @LauraK07628

LD92599 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Also, if cost isn't a concern in your case....and you're "techy" then you'd probably want the bike + just because it's newer!

I'm an app rider with a non-peloton bike, but based on everything I've read I would get the Bike in your case. You can use your phone, ipad, or laptop if you want to do non-bike workouts.

Philly Mom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I was just asked this question by a friend over the weekend. This is what I said:

I have the bike. I do not wish I had the plus. Here is why:

1) the plus has auto resistance so it automatically adjusts based on what the coach calls out on the on demand rides. I am sure that is great for people who would use it but I love Power Zone which doesn’t use resistance and cadence cues but instead focuses on training on an individuals fitness level so the call outs are based on zones. The bike + doesn’t move zones for you. It’s manually done. So for me, I would never use this future.

2) the plus has a rotating screen. You can pay a third party add on that costs $100 or if you have a smart tv in your work out room, you can do non bike stuff by casting to that tv. I bought an inexpensive tv for my office. On really long rides, I will watch tv too

3) the plus has auto calibration. This is the best feature of the plus and maybe the only reason why I wish I had one. Each bike is calibrated differently. Particularly with the original bike, some are hard and some are easy. The ones in hotels are calibrated to be easy for example. The plus is a more consistent calibration across lots of bikes. If you care about the leaderboard, and where you line up on the board, then the fact that your bike might be easier or harder matters. Again, I do power zone riding so it is only about my own fitness level and how I progress. I don’t care about where I am on the leaderboard. I judge my fitness based on an objective test so I use the leaderboard differently. I can explain later if interested.

The speakers are also better on the plus. To the extent that matters, that would be another reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

AnnieW625 is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default Another Peloton question - Bike vs. Bike+

I think you would be fine with the Bike.

I had no idea about the calibration setting on the bike, but that makes sense at how some people are automatically at a 20-50 output score in the first minute of the workout and I am at a 1-2 then those 30-50 people reach these crazy 300+ output scores at the end of the workout where as I am at anywhere 100-150 depending on the length of the class.

My bike is set up in my living room so it is near the tv.

I use the leaderboard occasionally, but usually finish in the bottom third of a live ride but that is okay with me. I just love being able to participate in live rides.

I am not a Power Zone regular but I did take the Power Zone test and have the Power Zone bar on my bike now. I really like that as a gauge as to where I should be in my class.

I compared the Keiser brand bike and the Peloton brand bike and the price was similar and I just thought it was easier to get the Peloton branded bike. I do wish they would give a discount to those who own a Peloton bike vs. non Peloton bike owners having app access for $12 a month.

I would order now though because I am sure you won’t have a great chance of getting the bike before Christmas.

ETA: The Peloton bike is now much cheaper than the Keiser bike. I just wanted something that would be no hassle and quality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by AnnieW625; 11-29-2021 at 10:36 PM.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Thanks so much, all!

Sent from my iPad using Baby Bargains

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Late to this thread, but figured I would chime in as I very recently upgraded to the Bike+ from the Bike.

I have had the Bike for 1.5 years. I was happy with it, though after seeing Bike+ in a showroom very recently DH and I decided to upgrade.

1) The swivel screen is a HUGE plus. The screen is also bigger (2”) . We have a huge flat screen in the same room (living room) that we could do Peloton workouts but it’s just a few more steps (call me lazy). Also, cannot do bike boot camp rides bc of where the screen is.

2) the speakers are WAY way better and actually face the front. This wasn’t a big deal before as I used to use AirPods bc kids were doing virtual learning at home when I was working out. But now most of the time dh and I work from home and I like not dealing with headphone. On Bike Dh would complain he could barely hear it at max volume bc the speaker is in the back

3) it automatically connects to your Apple Watch using Gym Kit. Don’t have to strap on a separate heart rate monitor. This is awesome. Yes, technically u can do this with Bike+ With third party software but it’s just another thing to have to do

4) the auto resistance feature sounds cool though I haven’t tried it

Other smaller things
    5) the Bike+ screen has anti-reflective coating which makes it seem more clear. I didn’t think it would be that noticeable it I have noticed this considerably. I just worked out this morning at a hotel gym (that has Peloton bike) and I really noticed how the screen didn’t seem as great

6) headphone Jack is closer to rider instead of the side of sceeen

Overall though I gotta admit the Bike is a steal now at only $1450, compared to what it was before